We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refurbished motels in Kissimmee

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Refurbished motels in Kissimmee

Hey all,

I know they aren't in vogue these days but I want to take my GF to a motel around Kissimmee in January. I grew up in Florida so aware a lot of them are looking a little 'tired' so wondered if any one knew of any that had been refurbished (or even new)? Looking to stay on the 192 (either side of the 4) or on International Drive.

Looking for a room where you can park right outside - Knights Inn style but without the bugs :-)

Thanks so much in advance and have an amazing Crimbo all.

Nick

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Refurbished motels in Kissimmee

Hi all - this is a shameless bump to see if there are any refurbished motels on the 192 or within that area?

Hope all had a great Crimbo. Nick

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,802 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Refurbished motels in Kissimmee

There are so many hotels/motels within 2 miles west of I-4 on hwy 192 including Motel 6, Knights Inn, Ramada etc.

Might be best to do a google search. And post your budget and length of stay.

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Refurbished motels in Kissimmee

Thanks for the reply. I grew up in Clearwater and spent half my life there so well aware of the vast amounts of hotels on the 192.

What I really wanted to know was to hear from anyone who's been in a recently renovated motel on the 192 or I Drive? Since it's going to be a old school motel I'd say they are going to range from 30-60 bucks a night.

Thanks all.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,802 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Refurbished motels in Kissimmee

In this day and age if there was a motel in that area in that price range I wouldn't want to stay in it. But good luck in your quest.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,899 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Refurbished motels in Kissimmee

Look at the reviews, they tend to say if refurb has been done recently or not.

Many of those east are now used as permanent/temp housing by itinerant workers.

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Refurbished motels in Kissimmee

Thanks AhHah for telling me where you wouldn't like to be staying, insightful.

Amanx thank you, I was hoping to be lazy and catch someone who might know of a recently renovated property before I start hours of research haha. Thanks for the tip and that's what I will be doing after my less than successful post :)

7. Re: Refurbished motels in Kissimmee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Kissimmee