We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souters Resort

Which Lauderdale by the Sea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Souters Resort

Other than the reviews, do any of the locals have the 411 on Souters Resort? Location, cleanliness, construction in/around?

Thanks.

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Souters Resort

I drove by there a week or two ago. I was taking a look for someone at two other locations. I remember I wasn't impressed by the outside of Souters. It is in a great location though and it may be nicer inside than it appears on the outside. I was only looking at it from the street. The nearest large construction project I saw is on El Mar just south of Commercial. Souters is North of Commercial.

chicago
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Souters Resort

They are building a 20 story condo right next to Souters. So it's pretty noisy. When I was there in Dec., 2006 they had not fully recovered from the hurricane and some rooms were closed. Rooms are what you expect. They have great penthouse.

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Souters Resort

Chicago:

Exactly where is this 20 story condo being built? I was under the impression that Lauderdale by the Sea has a bldg. policy that does not allow blgs. over 4 stories.

Indiana
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Souters Resort

I am anxiously awating an answer to Pat's question about the 20 story condo being built in Lauderale by the Sea next to Souter's. We have stayed in this lovely town for many years for vacation, and we sincerely hope it doesn't become a mini Fort Lauderdale with the giant towers looming over the beach area. From the airplane as we arrive there, we can see the shadows cast by The Palms on the surrounding areas. It would be a crime for the people of Lauderdale by the Sea to allow this to take over their bit of Paradise.

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Souters Resort

I'm going to go Fort Lauderdale this weekend for the air show. I'll try to drive by Souters and see if there are any signs around.

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Souters Resort

I took a look and there is an empty lot next to Souters roped off getting ready to build. It is called Villas of the Seas. The picture shows a 4 story bldg.

7. Re: Souters Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea