We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Which Lauderdale by the Sea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Sad to report that Mulligan's -a favorite of mine for lunch and weekend breakfast- is closed- and the property is boarded up but a remodeling is taking place inside. Questioned lots of nearby business owners and no one seems to know ( or want to say) what's coming in it's place- certainly is a prime location!

I drowned my sorrows in a lobster roll at Village Grille and a big scoop of ice cream ( $4 for their smallest size- wow- but really good stuff) at Kilwins. If anybody knows what's going to happen there, I'd love to know!

east longmeadow...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Lulu,when we were down in Lbts 2 yrs ago,the waitress at Mulligans told us they wer going to close that Sept., 2006 for renovations to keep up with the ongoing building in that area.when we were there this past February, of course nothing had been done...hope this is just a temporary clsg.love that area and love Mulligans

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

I hope they do re-open. Think how upset Nickdolphins will be.

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Pat

You are right I sure am upset!!! I am in the area for weekend in just over 2 weeks and it's one of the things I am looking forward to!

Anyone know if it's re-opened yet?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Sorry Nick- I'll be surprised if it's open by then, but I'll keep an eye open. They are still working behind a facade that says it will now be called something like 100 Ocean ( I may be a bit off on that) and that they will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. It also gives a website for prospective employees Maybe , miraculously the temporary wall will come down and we'll see what is behind it- but nothing as yet- I personally have had to drown my sorrows over large scoops of ice cream at Kilwins next door. They have the most amazing variety of flavors ( well not as amazing as in Rome but...). I did ask an employee there if they new an open date for the new place and they did not. I think Mulligans as we knew it is gone forever...

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Hey Lulu,

That is really sad - probably will be upscale and expensive!

There is always the place around corner called 'something n eggs'?!?!

Will see ya soon :) Nick

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Country Ham n Eggs- I think - and I believe it's still open. Theer also had been an interesting "greasy spoon" just east of the bridge on Commercial north side of the street. A few weeks ago it seemed closed to get new owners and in a quick drive by during this wek looked liek it might be back in business. The previous owner was very colorful and kept up a steady steam of patter as he cooked about what a great cook he was, I've gotta admit he made some great omelets and stuff but at breakfast I just want to doze off in my coffee cup-maybe that's why he didn't succeed. Anyway, the place is tiny and had areal greasy spoon ambiance- but I guess if the Health Bopard didn't close it it is no worse thatn tha back room kitchenswe never see ... I may give the new place a try on Sat AM - and then I can look again at the Mulligan's reincarnation. If it's not open I'll try to pay better attention to teh exact name ( wanna bet I wasn't even close?).

Nice to see you back on a Forum.. Seminole Girl seems to have disappeaed from the Orlando Forum and Vegas has toned down a bit since he apparently got a written reprimand from theTA Owls threatening to block him. Still theer but better behaved.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Sorrry about my keyboarding Nick- I've never been good,but that was really bad- hopefully you treat it as a second language and can translate my misspellings and misstrikes ( LOL!) Time for more coffee I guess!

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Hey Lulu,

To be honest I never went anywhere but simply started a very demanding job.........coupled with the fact that I take 4/5 vacations - all in the winter which generally means I don't post much in the summer time!!!

I ate the the Village Grille for breakfast last time for breakie and that wasn't too bad.

See you soon :)

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Welcome back Nick.

You were very close Lulutoo. I am pretty sure it is 101 Ocean.

I noticed Roadhouse Grill is closed now too.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mulligans LBTS is Closed!!

Thanks Pat- that soon to be 101 Ocean hasa website ((www.101ocean.lbts.com) that talks about the "staet of the art" kitchen and elaborate decor they will have... and I have to say the menus they have up ( without prices) are the strangest combo of pizza, crepes, sushi various seafoods etc- a little of this and of that.- none of it at all Florida like. Somehow I think it's going to be some sort of high tech, upscale eatery, when what I am hoping for is a nice casual spot. We'll soon see I guess. They have a link where you can sign up to be invited to their grand opening ( no date given). I didn't sign up- I think I'll wait for the early returns on this one.

I did see the shuttered Roadhouse and while I was not sorry on one level ( really awful food I thought) , it pains me that yet another place from which to view the Boat Parade is gone- at least for the moment- I wonder if someone will hurry in and try to get that very lucarative night's business?

I am also sad because for many years that spot used to be a fabulous bar/restaurant called Stans. I roomed with one of the barmaids there for many years and it was a great spot , good food, a steel drum band and free conch chowder every Sunday afternoon , with hot , fast boats tied up like at Shooters. They used to have an annual anniversary night ( and a semi- anniversary 6 months after ) each year where all who came got a free lavish buffet and there were endless champagne fountains flowing all evening- I was there with bells on for years. Always had some of the best Bloody Marys and burgers in town. I was so sorry when Roadhouse replaced it- hoping that something good comes in now- we need more GOOD waterfront spots!

Personal aside to Pat- are you in town now? A big transformer blew right outside on our street late last night= sparks flew like July 4. We still had power but lost Comcast for hours. All the lights across theway at Bank United etc were gone- it actually sparked twice a few moments apart. There was an FPL truck there today , but it just pulled up and left immediately - don't know what's going on...

I'm also keeping an eye down the street to see any signs of IL Lugano ( a condo/hotel) opening- they have theirflag up and a few boats docked behind but I've seen nothing else. There are many units for sale ( flippers I assume) prices fron $750,000- $2,500,000- three BR, 5 baths in many- ther ewill be a restaurant on site- I guess waterfront- I'llbet that will be one pricey place!

Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea