We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiki Bars

Stamford, Ct
Level Contributor
759 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Tiki Bars

Which resorts in Lauderdale by the sea have a tiki bar? Was there about a year ago and went to the one at the Ramada. Bar was nice but resort was the pits. Thanks for any help.

Gold Coast Scuba
Scuba & Snorkeling
Beach Pavilion
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Piers & Boardwalks
Coast Boutique
Gift & Speciality Shops
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,579 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiki Bars

Ther is only one other "sorta" Tiki bar I can think of in that area and it too is at a "pits" resort.. It is at the Lauderdale Beachside Hotel ( that used to be called the Clarion) and is now being advertised with some sort of tropical name. The hotel is just awful.

The other tiki bar you are recalling is now called Bamboo Beach and the hotel is now called Ocean Sky and is even worse than iit was as a Ramada ( if that's possible). Fortunately , the management of the Bamboo Beach is different than the hotel and it is an ok place I think. Too bad they don't manage the hotel as well.

The only other tiki type bar that comes to mind is in Pompano at Lighthouse Cove around 14th St and A1A- another "pits" hotel- maybe this is a trend...

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment- sorry!

2. Re: Tiki Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea