We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drivers for hire?

Which Lauderdale by the Sea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Drivers for hire?

Stay in LBTS in Jan. now set. Hankering to take the Shark Valley Tram Tour in Everglades and trying to figure out if any way of doing without renting a car and organized tours don't go there. Anyone know of person with car who takes one day trips.

If I do rent car is driving to Everglades easier on a Sunday early am ie less traffic congestion as don't know my way around driving and find all the thruways a little mind-boggling.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drivers for hire?

It may be worth you looking at, or contacting, someone like these guys

http://www.ecosafari.com/

You would still need to get to their pick up point I guess. Whilst not specifically SV it appears you would see similar things.

If you want to get to SV and are capable of driving I suggest you rent a car. Rent or buy a GPS satellite navigation to hep guide you through the streets. Sunday morning should be less busy on the roads.

Chicago
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drivers for hire?

Hi

Where did you end up staying? We went on a fan boat ride behind a big shopping center that was west of LBTS about 9 years ago. i am sure a local would be familiar with this. It was like going to another world so close to civilization.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drivers for hire?

Hi - staying at Tropic Seas again as was able to negotiate better rate for longer stay since early to mid-Jan. low season and higher vacancy rate. Recommend emailing them with any inquiries. The advantage as well for me because of my own budgetary constraints is that direct flights to FLL from Ottawa in Jan. are about 1/4 the cost comparied to Feb-Mar. The down side is weather can be iffy ie last year needed my earmuffs and gloves at times altho no snow and still warmer than Ottawa.

Re Everglades Shark Valley Tram Ride have pretty well decided to rent car as can get one for 3 day weekend with my CAA discount from Hertz in Pompano for $60ish. I will spend likely Sunday doing the Tram Ride and that part of Everglades as the packaged tours can't get inside the park and not interested in the alligator wrestling type ones. I may take a day drive up to Palm Beach area as usually just use the local bus so haven't explored north of LBTS. Someone suggested visiting Sawmills mall and although I am not into shopping much haven't seen it and sounds like easier to access by car. Open to other day trip suggestions with car as long as I can avoid as much as possible all the various heavy traffic thruways.

4. Re: Drivers for hire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea