We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newer Ho tel in Lauderdale by the sea?

Essington, PA
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Newer Ho tel in Lauderdale by the sea?

Hi!

Trying to find a place to stay not far from the beach. Was looking at the Tropicare??? Any other ideas? Anything newer or refurbished out there?

Thanks!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,651 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newer Ho tel in Lauderdale by the sea?

They are currently refurbishing what recently used to be called the Lauderdale by the Sea Resort and prior to that known as the Holiday Inn (where Denny's used to be)- which is a little south of Commercial. It was truly dreadful before this, but has been shut down completely for several months with a sign saying See You in November." From the looks of the many dumpsters full of old carpeting, bedding etc , they seem to be making a major overhaul. I have no idea what it will be called etc, but will post if I see any other information.

Of course it may be larger than you are interested in- sounds like you want a Mom and Pop type of place.

Edited: 02 October 2011, 03:50
Essington, PA
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newer Ho tel in Lauderdale by the sea?

Hi - thanks - I dont need a Mom and Pop place for sure - but it looks like thats what is in my price range - lol!!! Im looking for under 90/night and my dates are 10/20-10/23/11. Any more thoughts? Sounds like the new hotel wont be done before we go...bummer!!!! How is snorkeling really in Lauderdale? I never thought of snorkeling there before, but was reading about it????? Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,651 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newer Ho tel in Lauderdale by the sea?

Her's a link to the hotel listings from the Chamber , some with e-mails- a few like Pelican and Sun Tower are near LBTS, but not in it and there are some I either don't know or can't personally recommend, but it might be decent checklist to start with .

http://www.lbts.com/hotels.html

I'd stay away from Captains Quarters and Little Inn by the Sea based on things I've "heard". I am sure some others are not as nice as their photos wold suggest, so read reviews critically.

By the way, by definition anything in LBTS is walkble easily to the beach- the whole town is only 3-4 blocks wide- stretching from the Intracoastal to the Ocean

Can't recall if Lauderdale Beachside is listed there but if it is avoid it too- it should have been closed down and fixed up years ago- a real dump! If theeere have been any oter refurbishments in LBTS , it may only be to room interiors so not noticable from outside-it is not a place where new motels seem to get built at all- just lots of small ones changing hands and others in the same family for generations.

I think snorkeling has everything to do with the wind direction and it's effect on water calrity- and of course the reef is not lcose to shore and that is where teh best snorkling would be- I do know some peopel snorkle near teh pier arae ,but don't know much about it. I do have friend I will try to remember to ask tomorrow.

Essington, PA
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newer Ho tel in Lauderdale by the sea?

Thanks for the info - Im so afraid to book a room!!!

nj
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newer Ho tel in Lauderdale by the sea?

i always stay at costa del sol for years but i believe most often they only rent weekly....its a time share. however last year we needed two extra nigths at stayed at the sea lord. very very clean and nice. but it was over 90.00 per night. however it was also february which is high season. ggod luck

6. Re: Newer Ho tel in Lauderdale by the sea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2011, 17:03
7. Re: Newer Ho tel in Lauderdale by the sea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 01:21
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea