We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ist trip to Lauderdale by the sea

Hammonton, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ist trip to Lauderdale by the sea

A couple of questions. We are going end of month. Is there a cab

or van sevice that anyone can recomend to go fromFt Lauderdale airport to the hotel. Also can anyone recomend a tour company for

a tour of the area. Thanks in advance.

Charley

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ist trip to Lauderdale by the sea

There are both taxis and a shared ride van service from FLL to LBTS. A Taxi should be in the $30-40 range, depending on how far north in LBTS , shared by all in the taxi- while the airport's official shared van service Go Van would be only slightly less ( always charges per person , I think likely in the low- mid teens pp) and would very possibly make intermediate stops enroute to drop off others.

Personally, I would spring for a taxi - they are always plentiful and lined up outside each baggage claim along with a starter to assist you. At the starters desk there is a chart posted that will show both the estimated taxi fare and the per person cost for the shuttle, so you can really wait till then to decide.

More Go Van information at www.floridalimo.com

I don't personally feel this area lends itself to"'tours" as it is more entertaining than historic.. and you really don't see tour buses travelling around to any great extent.. I would probably suggest you either taxi or take the free Pelican can Hopper Bus ( it circulates through LBTS and your hotel will know about it) down to the nearest Water Taxi stop at Il Lugano Hotel and for $20 pp you can get a water tour of the tourist area, getting on and off as much as you like. to dine or sight see. Depending on how late you come back , you may have to get let off at Shooters ( the Il Lugano stop isn't usually used late at night) and possibly have to taxi back from there ( about $10 I'd guess).

Points of interest like Bonnet House , Stranahan House etc will be walkable from Water Taxi and the crew there can guide you- they provide some narration as well.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ist trip to Lauderdale by the sea

The Carrie B offers a tour of the canals and waterfront homes.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ist trip to Lauderdale by the sea

The water taxi is good way to see area and last year there was one to Hollywood which was kind of fun.

Re tours depending on how long you are there = I have taken a couple of day tours with Tours to You that is run by a couple from LBTS. Enjoyed the Miami by Day and Night one and also Key West (altho a bit of a marathon day). Here is link http://www.tourstoyou.net/

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ist trip to Lauderdale by the sea

Would add that if you don't have car bus pass good deal for getting around ,-,the 11goes right downtown FL along beach.

Boston MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ist trip to Lauderdale by the sea

We are here know. We have used the local free shuttle,the route 11 bus and the water taxi. This is a walker friendly area.Thanks for the ideas to all

Charley

6. Re: Ist trip to Lauderdale by the sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2012, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea