We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

Boston...
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

Anybody know how to get from West Palm airport to LBTS? I don't think the Go Van runs from there :-) and was wondering if there are any other options. Bus service? How much would a cab be? Any help is appreciated. Need inexpensive options please.

Beach Pavilion
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Piers & Boardwalks
Coast Boutique
Gift & Speciality Shops
Gold Coast Scuba
Scuba & Snorkeling
nj
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

i would try town car tim. or perhaps he changed the name of company to coral limosiune. the number is

954 261 0017

they are good and reliable.

when will you be going to lbts. ?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

Go Van does run from PBI , but charges per person- so it would depend how many in your party. I'm going to guesstimate the price of a taxi as about $100 one way- that would be shared by all in thetaxi- so the size of your party is important.

I think it's about a 40 mile trip, so hard to come up with inexpensive options. Tri rail train would run from West Palm to Cypress Creek station in Ft. Lauderdale - you would have to shuttle ( free I believe ) from PBI to the Tri Rail station and then taxi from Cypress Creek to LBTS - but Tri Rail doesn't run very often at nights or on weekends and could be difficult with lots of luggage.

II'll post a link so you can study their route and time tables- but again th esize of the party would be important to know.

I would guess most car services would cost about the same as a taxi if not more as they would have to "deadhead " back to Palm Beach in the other direction without passengers..

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

tri-rail.com/rider_info/train_schedules.htm

Once you got to Cypress Creek Tri Rail, a taxi to LBTS woud be about $15 I would think.

Boston...
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

Hi Lulu,

Your Tri-Rail suggestion was spot on. I actually need to go to PBI from LBTS, not the other way around.... sorry. So, I can take local buses to the Cypress Creek Station ($4 for a local city bus daypass) and then the Tri-Rail to PBI (about $6). I'll be picking up hubby on 2/16/12 and bringing him back down to LBTS until 2/19/12 when we both fly out of PBI back home. I found Sixt Rent A Car and hope to pickup my rental car on 2/16 and return it on 2/19 and their rate is excellent compared to all other car rentals. Their PBI office doesn't open until Jan. 20, so I look forward to hearing what others say about them. Their agent at Sixt MIA told me over the phone that he thought that I PROBABLY will be able to be picked up at the West Palm Beach Tri-Rail station instead of the airport to go get the vehicle. I hope he is correct, as it would save me a cab fare to the airport from the Tri-Rail West Palm station. Staying at Tropicaire in an efficiency for the week of 2/12 to 2/19, have been there several times and it is great for my needs. Two blocks to the ocean, two blocks to Publix, five blocks to LBTS downtown and several restaurants. Perfect! Comments?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

I think you will find there is a Palm Tran shuttle bus from that Tri Rail Station in West Palm to PBI should you need it- I think it is free, but I have not taken it myself , so I'm not certain.

I'm am sure you are looking forward to a nice warm visit- I love LBTS- such a nice little beach village!

Boston...
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

Well, I called the Tri-Rail phone number to find out for sure. And the delightful lady I spoke with told me that I need to get the number 4 Palm Tran shuttle and it is not free (but it is only $1.75) She also said it only runs every 45 mins....!

Anybody ever do this before? Or am I an experiment?

louisville
Level Contributor
36 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

I ride TRi Rail from all south Fla airports. It is great.

8. Re: From West Palm Airport to LBTS - Taxi, GoVan, Shuttle? cheap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea