We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am worried about Clarion Beach Resort

Which Lauderdale by the Sea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgetown, KY
1 post
Save Topic
I am worried about Clarion Beach Resort

My husband and I and another couple have rooms booked here in May for 2 days before we go on a cruise. I am worried after reading these reviews. My travel agent told me that they had just gone through a major renovation. Can someone give me some info. about what rooms are better than others? Also, can any recommend a great seafood restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale by the Sea?

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I am worried about Clarion Beach Resort

My husband and I were there in January for a few days. It is right on the beach so that is a plus, but the hotel OMG! What a nightmare! It was clean (well kinda) but the elevator was like a turtle and the toucan colored bedspreads need to be thrown out, they were so ugly. For a couple of days (we were there 2 also) it isn't as bad as all we really did was sleep there, gone most of the time. It was like a Motel 6 on a good day, now there are 2 hotels there and we stayed in the one closer to the beach. I don't know how the one closer to the road was, beware though its hard to miss with the copy paper sign in the window! As far as restaurants go we ate at the Old Seafood House which was very very very good. I recommend the lobster and dolphin something or other. No not dolphin like flipper. Being from Missouri that was my first question, but it was very good. Some of the people who recommended it to us said "they rush you" but we were there with another couple and if anything it was slow. Enjoy your cruise!

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I am worried about Clarion Beach Resort

Sorry I couldnt remember the name of the restaurant, it is The Old Florida Seafood House. It is like a 10-15 minute drive from the Clarion. The beach there is nice, we spent a full day there, just shelling. It was kinda cloudy compared to Hollywood Beach. Hope you have a good time

Level Contributor
288 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am worried about Clarion Beach Resort

i have stayed at the clarion a few times just make sure you ask for ocean front room you may pay a liitle bit more but it is worth it iron and board microwave & refrig clean room and a great bloody mary from the tiki bar hope this helps

Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea