We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Seafood rest. in this area (within 15 miles or so)??

South Carolina
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best Seafood rest. in this area (within 15 miles or so)??

I am coming to the Pompano Beach area (only 2 miles from Lauderdale by the Sea) and wondered if anyone had some outstanding seafood restaurants we should not miss in this area? We love all kinds, but fancy is NOT necessary at all!! We want something that has a nice fresh variety. We live in SC and are more familiar with the seafood fare of our coast, but we are excited to try the FL local seafood. Thanks for any responses!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Seafood rest. in this area (within 15 miles or so)??

Top on my list are:

Calypso in Pompano for great fish

Blue Moon in LBTS for an interesting menu and nice views of the intracoastal -but a little pricey

We also visit Old Florida Seafood House, Rendevous, Aruba, Pompano Fin and Claw to change things up.

You'll get a better response in the Ft Lauderdale forum.

Edited: 07 July 2012, 05:01
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Seafood rest. in this area (within 15 miles or so)??

I've been meaning to post and mention that at calypso ( a nice little storefront find) or most any other seafood place , be sure to look for conch - as a tomato based chowder, fried in fritters or for the more willing pounded to tenderize then fried or even as ceviche. It will remind you of cams and is a delicacy I doubt you have in your home town.

Also, I wanted to mention trying seafood in a Cuban restaurant. I am going to look up the menu and post a link for one north of you in Deerfield that I think has a good selection- it's not spicy prep- but tasty and a bit different. Seafood paella would be an interesting choice- often there is a 30-40 min wait as it is prepared to order, but we usually order an appy combo to get a taste of several things and a pitcher of sangria while we wait. They usually have some unusual sodas like pineapple for the kids - as well as our usual US soft drinks.

Edited: 17 July 2012, 15:35
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Seafood rest. in this area (within 15 miles or so)??

littlehavanarestaurant.com/deerfieldmenu.htm

Fish in green ( cilantro) sauce and shrimp enchelado ( like shrimp creole) are two popular dishes- and they have several types of paella- usually wit ha variety of shellfish .

Your kids may enjoy fries made from yucca which is much like potato- but they have regular fries as well.

4. Re: Best Seafood rest. in this area (within 15 miles or so)??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea