We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March trip

Saint Helens, Oregon
Level Contributor
214 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
March trip

Okay, I bit the bullet and booked two nights at beachside village resort thanks to reviews here. We fly into FLL late (will have to call when we land so that someone will meet us to check us in.). Current plan is to take a cab or book a shuttle to take us from FLL to the hotel, and then another shuttle two days later to take us to the port of miami (I looked into this and found $125 one way, which was cheaper than a car at this point.)

I have been looking at maps and such, but am concerned about not having a car and access to food. I have hungry wildcats for a hubby and dd. Is there somewhere nearby I can walk to for takeout lunch (I figure dd won't want to leave the beach and/or pool), the hotel does a smallish breakfast and coffee during the week... If we find that doesn't suffice on morning one, what is close y for morning 2? Any suggestions are helpful!

Gold Coast Scuba
Scuba & Snorkeling
Beach Pavilion
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Piers & Boardwalks
Coast Boutique
Gift & Speciality Shops
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March trip

Every restaurant in LBTS is easily walkable from your lodging- the town is only a few blocks in size.. There are so many choices m, but I'll post a little hidden gem link as soon as I look it up- there is even a great little place on the fishing pier open fro breakfast , lunch and dinner.Also a new taco /Mexican spot that is very casual that my friends like ( called Azteca I think)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March trip

This is the little take out place ( has a few tables for eat in too)

www.delacaseas.com/images/DELACASEAS_MENU.pdf

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March trip

This is the spot on the Pier- isn't it cute!

http://www.anglinsbeachcafe.com/

But there are many more choices all over the several blocks you can easily walk to. I see that Azteca is actually part of a chain and most of the reviews are not good- my friends liked it for casual beach tacos- but there is also a Burger Fi right across the street from it that has very good burgers, craft beers and ice cream..

Saint Helens, Oregon
Level Contributor
214 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March trip

Thanks for the tips... And yes the spot on the pier looks adorable! So happy to hear everything is so close!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
1,099 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March trip

Keese's Simply Delicious across the street from Burger Fi is excellent. Take out or they deliver to BVR. We got delivery and ate it on the beach. The opposite direction is a Publix grocery store, about a 5 minute walk. Love BVR!

Mentioned in this post
Keese's Simply Delicious
Keese's Simply Delicious
234 Reviews
Lauderdale by the Sea, FL
6. Re: March trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea