We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driftwood beach club

Sweden
Level Contributor
171 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Driftwood beach club

Go!

Has anyone stayed at the driftwood lately? It is getting fairly good reviews and I imagine I would like the small scale of lauderdale by sea and if the hotel.

Is the town centre within walking distance? Last year when we visited Orlando we had to take the car everywhere and I that's not for me.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
894 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driftwood beach club

This is one that i am also looking into, please let me know if you stay and how it was. Enjoy!!

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
894 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driftwood beach club

The other one i looked at was windjammer.

Sweden
Level Contributor
171 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driftwood beach club

I thknk we decided to stay at driftwood, i will absolutely let you know. :)

kristapb
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driftwood beach club

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone else is interested, I decided to answer. We are at the Driftwood this week. I really like the town of Lauderdale by the sea. They have an ordinance about height of buildings, so it does not have the gigantic high-rises you see in the other beach areas. You can walk to everything. Several restaurants, bars and shops are very close. Publix is a reasonable walk, although if you are getting a lot of supplies, a car would be needed. Driftwood is not right on the beach, but they own the lot across the street on the beach. This lot is gated, which guests of Driftwood have a key for. It has shade, lounge chairs (which you can take out on the beach but must bring back when done) and shufflboard. We are in a 1 BR unit. It is pretty small; perfect for the two of us. It has been recently renovated, is very clean, and is equipped with most anything you could need. It has daily maid service. All units face onto the pool, which is a good size and nice and WARM!

Sweden
Level Contributor
171 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driftwood beach club

Thanks for the reply. It sounds exactly like what we are looking for. We stayed last year in Orlando and had to take the car to everything, not my cup of tea. Would you say that the 1 br is to small for a family of four? We have two kids who I planned were going to sleep on the sofa bed.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driftwood beach club

I think you may feel crowded when the kids are sleeping and luggage or clothing storage may be difficult in a 1 bedroom. I think you will enjoy the location.

Level Contributor
141 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driftwood beach club

The Windjammer has one bedroom rooms with a separate living room. The sofa and large lounge chair each fold into a comfy bed. We love it there and it's directly on the beach with a view from your room.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driftwood beach club

I'd second Windjammer. We haven't stayed but did look round a couple of apartments while in the area. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff and on the beach.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driftwood beach club

isn't the driftwood a time share??

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Driftwood beach club

Yes, Driftwood is timeshare but they also do rentals. It gets very good reviews and looks refurbished. We like our own balcony or patio and they don't have that which is why we've opted for Windjammer.

Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea