We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December weather?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
739 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
December weather?

I will be in LBK Dec 5th thru 13th. What will the weather be like? I saw average highs in the mid 70's. What about at night? I imagine I should have a light jacket or at least long-sleeve shirts for the evenings. And what about rain? Does it rain every day like other parts of Florida?

Thanks

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: December weather?

I don't know where you got the idea that it rains every day. We haven't had a good rain in a couple months. Even my weeds are dying, LOL. It must have rained maybe an hour one day last week.

A light jacket for the evenings is about the extent of it.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,739 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December weather?

LOL...your weeds are dying, Chuts???? whoa...

MQuest:

It is supposed to rain during rainy season in Florida from May-October..

but as Chuts said....no rain..

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December weather?

The average daily high at that time is 75, though it can get up into the low 80s. The average nightly low is 55. Definitely time for a sweater or light jacket in the evenings, unless you're a local in which case you start wearing flannel shirts, heavy wool sweaters, etc.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: December weather?

Yes, SRQgirl, because of our watering restrictions to 1 day per week for more than 10 years now, combined with the lack of rain, I've given up trying to have a lawn. So it is all weeds now, but if there's enough rain it looks half decent after it is cut with my weed mower.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December weather?

I've been to Florida 4 times but it's been about 3 years since the last time I was there.

2 times to Orlando - once in May and once in November- it rained every afternoon - not for a long time, but it was heavy.

2 times to St. Pete once in May and once in December - again daily afternoon rain but not for long and not heavy.

I thought that was normal and I still consider that a dry climate personally, but want to be prepared as I plan on being outside the whole time. I'm not running for shelter because of a 5 minute rain. And I'll be one of those northerners that think it's hot when you guys are putting on your flannels.

Thanks

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December weather?

Looking back at my notes on the weather for last year, I think we had some rain -- not much -- on six days in December. I think that the odds are pretty good that you'll not get too much. (On a selfish note, I hope that I am wrong; my grass could definitely need some moisture right about now).

7. Re: December weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2010, 05:20