We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condo choices: Neptune vs. The Diplomat vs. Silver Sands

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oshkosh
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
condo choices: Neptune vs. The Diplomat vs. Silver Sands

Has anyone ever stayed at any of these places? If so, what did you think of them?

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: condo choices: Neptune vs. The Diplomat vs. Silver Sands

As a local, I've not stayed in any of the places you've mentioned though I know each of them and have walked around their properties.

Neptune is good only if you need a place to stay with a dog; in my opinion that's about the best I could say about the place. It is not on the beach and it would be quite a stretch to claim a water view from any of the units. Some units are very close to the road, and the outside of the building does not seem to be well-maintained.

Silver Sands has a beachside location for its several buildings. This might be a good place if you have small children. Be careful choosing a specific unit, though, if the view is important to you. Very few units directly face the beach; some are closer to the road while others face the pool. There is a small, and pretty basic, miniature golf course and also a shuffleboard court. Units have a small private balcony or lanai; these are all screened. (I personally prefer unscreened balconies for more sun and a clearer view, and have never been bothered by bugs on Longboat).

Diplomat is a nice 2-story building stretching along the beach, and all units directly face the beach. First-floor units walk directly out to the pool and the beach; second-floor units have a common (not private) open balcony, and it's usual to see folks gather there at sunset. This might be the best bet for adults only, although I've seen families with young kids and with teens there.

oshkosh
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: condo choices: Neptune vs. The Diplomat vs. Silver Sands

Thanks so much for the info.

Longboat Key...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: condo choices: Neptune vs. The Diplomat vs. Silver Sands

As for your comment, I am an owner of the one of the condos at Neptune. I have gulf view from both of my sliding glass doors, you can check out my website at

http://longboatkeysarasotabeachrental.com/

You will see that the gulf is easily seen from our condo. As for the exterior, our property is well maintained and most of us welcome pets.

We are one of the few complexes that have a have a gulf acess directly across the street, this gives us the view to the gulf.

Longboat Key...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: condo choices: Neptune vs. The Diplomat vs. Silver Sands

As for your comment, I am an owner of the one of the condos at Neptune. I have gulf view from both of my sliding glass doors, you can check out my website at

http://longboatkeysarasotabeachrental.com/

You will see that the gulf is easily seen from our condo. As for the exterior, our property is well maintained and most of us welcome pets.

We are one of the few complexes that have a have a gulf acess directly across the street, this gives us the view to the gulf.

suburbs of indy
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: condo choices: Neptune vs. The Diplomat vs. Silver Sands

I stayed at Silver Sands over springbreak and we stayed in the corner unit y the pool. This place is GREAT!!! it has a wonderful pool, shuffle board and beach chairs. The units are one bedroom but we also rented the ajoining unit for the girls which has it's own bathroom, fridge and tv. This place is the best and we intend to go back. We have stayed at Little Gull in the past which is quaint but you either stay Bay side with pool or beach side across the street. Silver Sands has the beach front pool it is just such a nice place.

6. Re: condo choices: Neptune vs. The Diplomat vs. Silver Sands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key
Recent Conversations