We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

veranda beach club

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
veranda beach club

We are going in early aug , my sister and I are bring her three kids and we have a 2/2 unit at Veranda. The reviews seem dated, even the recent ones say they stayed there years ago at the bottom.

Slightly confusing.

Has anyone stayed there recently and are all the units the same? What are we in for? We want to cook all our meals in the unit and be in the water/beach everyday.

The pictures on their website look very nice, but as I know from previous timeshare experience, not all units are like the one they put on the website.

What is the latest on this place, that's what I want to find out. I call and never get through.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: veranda beach club

I did see two very recent (last week) reviews of Veranda Beach Club on TripAdvisor, both giving it a top rating. I'm not surprised, it has a good reputation. Since I'm a local, I've not stayed at Veranda Beach Club though I have walked the grounds and checked out their exercise room and pool. From that perspective, I like the place a lot. It's in a good location on Longboat, just one block from an excellent grocery store, the building is set back from the road, and the beach is very nice. Externally the building looks very fresh; I know they did some external painting work about 18 months ago. Since these are condo/time share units, each unit is likely to be a bit different in terms of decor and freshness. However, most Veranda rentals are managed by Michael Saunders Company, the area's leading (and top-quality) realtor. I wouldn't have any concerns; I think you're going to love your stay there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: veranda beach club

Thank you for the latest info!

The odd thing about those new reviews is that at the bottom on the review they say they actually say the review is from a stay many years ago! Odd? Maybe I am reading it wrong?

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: veranda beach club

You have a good point (and are a sharp-eyed reader!). One was last October, one was a year ago, but another positive review was just this month so I don't think much has changed.

Also, as a positive note, I just read an article dated 6/23/11 in the Longboat Key News (one of two local weekly newspapers on Longboat) that said that a Miami-based interior design firm has just completed interior design renovation work on all 40 units in Veranda Beach Club. I think you'll probably find things very fresh and pleasant.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: veranda beach club

Thank you for letting me know about the renovations! That is very welcome news indeed! I love trip advisor!!!

We are looking forward to our visit. I'm going to call them and see f they know which room we are in !

5. Re: veranda beach club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key