We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anna Maria Vs. Longboat Key Vs. Siesta Key

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Anna Maria Vs. Longboat Key Vs. Siesta Key

Hi All... needing some general guidance please. Husband and I are planning to travel to the area in late Nov for a week. Thinking of

renting a house (VRBO) or getting a resort room for a week.

Trouble is, I have no idea which area to focus on...there are so many options. Given your breadth of experience if you could suggest an area to focus on, I'd be grateful....

About us: We are mid 40's (no kids) and enjoy equally fine dining and beach bars.... Our interests probably would tend towards beaching or hanging at the pool with a frosty adult beverage most days, with access to sites and walking around in town or biking near the beach...

I read about the Anna Maria trolley and that sounds appealing - as to not be drinking and driving, as we do like to enjoy our beverages, especially while on vaca! We need not be near family events, as we have no little ones and frankly don't need mini golf or to see the aquarium...

We live in downtown Chicago, so we are normally busy and have access to many things...thinking a laid back adventure in a new town would be fun.

Where would you recommend we focus our stay?

Thanks in advance to you wonderful Trip Advisor Folks!

Bridget in Chicago

Catherine's Florida Charters
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
1. Re: Anna Maria Vs. Longboat Key Vs. Siesta Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key