We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at SeaSide Garden Retreat???

Kansas City...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at SeaSide Garden Retreat???

I am very interested in staying at this resort but am trying to find more information on the public beach. Can you rent chairs at the public beach? Good views of the ocean? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at SeaSide Garden Retreat???

I've not stayed there, but watched as part of it was being built (by a highly-regarded builder) and another part was renovated. As you probably know this is a small cottage/duplex colony. It has an attractive design and beautiful landscaping. It is not directly on the beach but is just across the road from the beach. I doubt that you can see the water from a first-floor unit; you might be able to see the water from a second floor unit.

All of the beach along Longboat is public, and Seaside Garden has access to the beach (as does almost every rental/condo place on Longboat). There are no lifeguards and no general rental facilities for beach umbrellas, snacks, etc. since it's just never that crowded -- it will be you and a few others, some seabirds and the gorgeous sand. I suspect that Seaside Garden may have some beach chairs in the units that you can carry across if you want to.

Incidentally, Seaside Garden is located within a short walking distance to a small shopping center with a good grocery store, drug store, etc. You could pick up an inexpensive chair, floats, etc. there if you want. (The store will be closed for renovation and expansion from April-December 2012, but I assume that will not affect your plans).

Stevensville...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at SeaSide Garden Retreat???

We've been staying at Seaside for past 10 yrs & wouldn't recommend any other place. The villas & cottages have all the chairs, loungers etc you'll ever need. Beach access, less than 100 yds. Complex has 1 large pool, 1 smaller pool by cottages. 2 gas grills by pool for grilling. ResortQuest maintains property & is very responsive if needed otherwise as the name indicates " its a retreat"! We go down for a month at a time & don't even look for another place to stay. Go & enjoy your RETREAT!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at SeaSide Garden Retreat???

Thanks for an updated review by an "insider", Duffir. It seems as if SeaSide Garden is another one of those hidden gems that people love and return to year after year.

4. Re: Anyone stayed at SeaSide Garden Retreat???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2013, 10:29