We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Longboat Key - info please

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Longboat Key - info please

HI! If I stay at this hotel, do I bring my own beach towels?

How (and how much) do I rent beach chairs and a beach umbrella?

Is there a hotel shuttle service to shopping? (Free or $?)

Any rooms / areas to avoid in this hotel?

Is the ocean view worth the money?

How many & how much are the extra fees I haven't heard about yet?

I would LOVE the HYATT Siesta Key but those condos were about $500+ per night. I hope this Hilton LBK will end up being good.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, in advance for your time and your opinion. I appreciate it. :)

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Longboat Key - info please

I'll give you an "educated guess", but your best bet is to call the hotel directly on their 800 number. I'm pretty sure that beach towels are available, that they don't charge for chairs, and that there is no shuttle service to shopping. I think you'll want a car anyway to be able to explore the area on your own timing.

Louisville, KY.
Level Contributor
33 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Longboat Key - info please

I would look at a place called Casa Del Mar Beach resort. It is only a couple of places down from the Hilton and depending on the time of year you are going to stay the prices are going to be much better and you will have a 2 bedroom and 2 bath condo with a beautiful pool and beach.

http://www.casadelmar.net/

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Longboat Key - info please

HI! Thanks very much for your comment - I sincerely appreciate it that you took the time to write - we were already at the Hilton when I received it. Maybe next time we'll stay at Casa Del Mar! It looks BEAUTIFUL! THANKS again!

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Longboat Key - info please

HI! Thanks for your educated guesses - I found the answers for myself - we did end up staying there.

They do have beach towels, though not the best I've ever used. (If they were really nice though, I'm sure people would steal them. :( )

They do rent umbrellas - I think $15 per day but it was too windy both days I stayed at that beach.

Lounge chairs were provided free of charge.

They DO have free (TIPS) shuttle service to shopping (St. Armand's Circle), but not to the airport or off the island.

Overall, this hotel was a little run down in places. I understand they will renovate it next year. We did get an ocean / beach view room and it was extremely expensive. The cost was not worth it for this specific hotel due to the hotel condition, but it was worth it for me - for the view. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Longboat Key - info please

Thanks, Valentine, that's a great update and very helpful! That renovation of the Hilton is very much overdue. And I agree with you that an on-the-beach and direct-view-of-the-beach is SO important; that's why many people are coming here. I hope you had a chance to explore lots of other places while you were here. There are some nifty small condos that give you that good direct-water view, as well as some larger places too.

6. Re: Hilton Longboat Key - info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key