We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Help!

We'll be there in May and would like to buy football or baseball tops for our young grandsons. Can anyone advise the best place in the area to get them? Thanks.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!

You'll need to pick them up when you are off the island; I doubt that anyplace sells them ... though you might try the Publix and the CVS drugstore about mid-Key on Longboat. I've seen some occasionally at Davidson's Drugs (on the mainland at Bahia Vista and US 41). Also if you pass by a large WalMart you could find some.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!

Cbchrc, thanks for the info.

I didn't really expect to get them on the island so was really thinking of the mainland.Walmart sounds likely I should think. I haven't noticed them in the past but haven't been looking!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!

Next time I'm in a WalMart I'll check it out, and will also watch out for any sports-oriented places I may pass. Another possibility might be a shop in one of the Malls.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,557 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!

look for a Sports Authority during your travels, Im sure there are some close by...

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!

Are you looking for NFL jerseys/ pro baseball type shirts?

There are some sports oriented stores in the Malls that sell T-Shirts with football (US football) and baseball team logos (Sports Fan-Attic at the Sarasota Square Mall)..Champs Sports,Sports Authority, Dick's Sporting Goods etc. Maybe Target..

Are you looking for specific sports teams? There is a store called Bealls that carries Florida teams.

You can also buy them online.

~SRQgirl

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!

Thanks so much for your replies. You've given me lots of options. We aren't looking for any team specifically but maybe one of the Florida ones would be good.

Longboat Key...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Help!

Greetings!! There is a great shop in St. Armand's Circle with many T's . It is directly across from Chico's and is called Island something----Sorry-- But it is a great shop and a must with Bathing suits and all kinds of apparel for you to browse in. Hope you find it!!

alaney411com@aol.com

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help!

The place on St. Armands is called Alvin's Island. But I don't think I've ever seen any sports-related T's in there. Great beachwear, though.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,327 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help!

if you want Florida teams, and not others, then Walmart and Bealls will have them- and at decent prices. If you wanted specific teams then the malls on the mainland would give you a few stores that specialize.

Bealls have a discount every Tuesday if you are 50 or over.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help!

Thank you all so much.

Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key