We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Crawl Inn- Your opinions?

Greeneville...
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle Crawl Inn- Your opinions?

We have booked a privately owned condo that is apparently in Turtle Crawl Inn. We've visited LBK twice before and rented a canal homes both times. This time we wanted to stay right on the beach, which this condo offers. I'm concerned about making sure the kids stay entertained.... 2 teenagers. Since we'll have a pool and of course the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, it shouldn't be that hard to keep them happy. BUT.... are there tennis courts near the Turtle Crawl Inn that would be free to the public? I thought I'd rent 3 bikes but, I'm curious if there's another bike rental place that would offer better rates since we need 3 bikes? Planning on going to Mote one day. Although this vacation is intended to be a RELAXING one, I do want the kids to have fun. Also, is it ok to take walks on the beach at night in search of turtle hatchlings? I know you are not supposed to interfere in the hatchlings' voyage to sea but, would be amazing to see. Thanks in advance!

Catherine's Florida Charters
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Crawl Inn- Your opinions?

Here is an older answer that was posted by CBCHRC who is the DE for Longboat:

. Re: Short stay condo, gulf view in June?

Feb 22, 2013, 3:59 PM

Here are three places to check out on Longboat, all of which would let you rent for just three days:

The Beach (www.thebeachonlbk.com) is $170 per night plus tax (I think tax runs 11.5%).

Turtle Crawl Inn is $175 per night plus tax

Sea Grape, which is probably my favorite of the three, is $220 per night plus tax.

You can also type the words "Turtle Crawl Inn, Longboat Key" into the search box and get opinions.

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Crawl Inn- Your opinions?

I can't blame you for wanting to be directly on the beach! I think all of you will really love it.

For bikes, you have a couple of options. Ace Hardware rents some basic bikes for $8 per day or $35 per week; Backyard Bike Shop has a fabulous selection of bikes at varying prices (cash or check only, no credit card). I think your teens will spend hours on a bike! Longboat is fun to explore that way, or maybe slip over to St Armands and celebrate the trip with an ice cream cone before heading back.

For tennis, there are two free courts not far away at the Longboat Key Rec Center (see www.longboatkey.org for info). I'm not sure if they take reservations or not. Also, the Longboat Key Tennis Center is a fabulous facility, with 10 soft clay courts; these do require reservations, and there is a fee to use them.

For turtle information, including nest locations, probable timing for hatching, etc., go to www.lbkturtlewatch.com.

Greeneville...
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Crawl Inn- Your opinions?

Excellent advice! I will definitely check out those resources. Thanks so much.

4. Re: Turtle Crawl Inn- Your opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:19