We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Castle resort question

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Castle resort question

We are looking to stay in a unit at Beachcastle that is gulf front , #3. It looks like the pool is across the street and we were wondering if that is going to be difficult to cross with our kids? Is that a really busy street? Does anyone know if the ground units actually have a view? It looks like there are tall bushes or trees in front of the units? Thank you

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,495 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Castle resort question

When are you planning to visit? Gulf of Mexico Drive can be busy during high season. It is the only north/south artery on Longboat.

Here are some reviews from TA posters:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34399-d754220-…

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Castle resort question

I've always liked Beach Castle. It's in a very nice part of Longboat (I like almost all of Longboat but am partial to places in the 4000-6000 area of Gulf of Mexico Drive). And being right on the beach is going to be very special -- immediate access to the water, fantastic sunsets. You won't regret it. It's hard to tell how high the vegetation will be right outside your screened porch/lanai (I haven't walked the beach there recently), but I'm sure your view won't be blocked very much at all.

As for crossing the road to go to the pool, offseason months -- say from May through November -- usually has very light traffic most of the time; I've even seen cars stop to let an egret walk across the road. Definitely much more traffic from December through March or into April. Yet even in peak season, you'll be able to cross...carefully.

3. Re: Beach Castle resort question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:19