We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Which Madeira Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
153 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Is the new Rad Finz restaurant open yet? Has anyone eaten there?

Scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Hi no, it wasn't open when we were there in October, last time I've known it to be open was couple of years ago, unless it's a seasonal thing?

Berlin, CT
Level Contributor
267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

I was there in January and there was no restaurant there. Are we talking about the former Leatherbacks at the corner of Tom Stuart Causeway and Gulf Blvd? Is Rad Finz supposed to open there? What type of restaurant is it? I am going in May and will check it out.

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
153 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Yes, that's the one, with the big turtle out front. There was an article on the Tampa newspaper web site that Rad Finz was going in there. Supposed to open in March. We will be there in late April.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Went past the site yesterday and it doesn't look like it's close to opening. Still construction going on.

Berlin, CT
Level Contributor
267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Any word on when it is due to open? Anyone know what type of food they serve and in what price range? Thanks for any input.

Somerset
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Hey guys here is what I found out about it. Can't wait to get there in June.

tbnweekly.com/pubs/…020210_bhb-01.txt

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Hey thanks. We'll have to try it next winter.

Pinellas County...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Hi, I'm the wife of the one of the owners of Rad Finz (Tom Stuart Causeway at Gulf Boulevard in Madeira Beach, FL) and I'd like to clear up all these questions for you. Yes, this will be our FIRST LOCATION (in the building that formerly housed a restaurant called Leatherback's). Yes, we have been written up in numerous publications in anticipation of our opening. Yes, we are going to offer casual coastal cuisine made from whole foods ingredients in-house (nothing pre-made or processed) and icy cold drinks inspired by the best places in the world to surf! We will also have live music on our newly constructed patio/bar. Construction is nearly complete and our anticipated opening will be on May 10, 2010. We hope to see you then! Go to our website at radfinz.com and enter your email address on our splash page for up-to- the minute updates as they occur. Thank you for your inquiries and support!

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

RadFinzWife,

Thanks so much for posting this info! We can't wait to give your place a try!

Pinellas County...
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rad Finz (formerly Leatherbacks), is it open?

Maya...THANK YOU so much! And, YOU ARE WELCOME! :) We can't wait to serve you and we sure do thank you for your comments, inquiries and for the kind words of support even before we open! More great reasons to love Mad. Beach, Pinellas County and the Sunshine State! See ya in May!

Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach
More Madeira Beach Topics