We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Island home rentals and boat rentals

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
1 post
Save Topic
Marco Island home rentals and boat rentals

Hello. :) I am soooooooo excited. I just booked our vacation home for the week of Dec. 26- to Jan. 2. I know that it is a ways away but coming from Wisconsin I can't wait to return to Florida. I love it there. Anyways, my husband and I and our 9 year old son are taking my parents to Marco Island as a present for them and we are renting a home on the island that has a boat dock. My question to all of you out there in vacation land is, is there any place that we could rent a boat for the eight days that we are there? I know that you can rent boats at the diffent marinas, but since we will have a boat dock at the house that we are renting we would really like to have our own boat to go out and about on the water whenever we want. Thank you all for any help you can give to me. :)

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Island home rentals and boat rentals

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Marco. You can rent a boat for the week at any of the marinas that rent boats. We always rent a boat for a day. Check out the following:

www.marcoriver.com

www.cedarbayrentals.com

london
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Island home rentals and boat rentals

I don't know about boats but I just booked my house on

http://www.homeaway.com/search/keywords:marco+island

What a great selection of homes to rent.

Marco Island,FL
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Island home rentals and boat rentals

Hi Casey,

The marinas will let you rent a boat for a week, but they don't give much of a discount. I think 10% off from the daily rate is about all you can get.

Congratulations on choosing a vacation rental house for your stay. You will enjoy the water access, pool, and privacy of a home versus a hotel/condo. You're also very lucky being able to find an available home for Xmas/New Years week!

Have a very Merry Marco Xmas!

Randy

Wellesley...
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Island home rentals and boat rentals

Caseyis8,

We are also going to Marco then. Did you rent a car? I cannot find any car rental that isn't outrageously expensive! I know it is the holdiay period but I could buy a car cheaper. Did you have any luck?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Island home rentals and boat rentals

Here's a rental car coupon site that I always use when booking my rental cars for our Marco vacation. I got a great deal with Alamo for March of this year...

http://www.rentalcarmomma.com/

Wellesley...
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco Island home rentals and boat rentals

Moran1616,

Thankyou for sharing that great website! I booked a car through that sight (Thrifty) and got a much better rate. Thanks again!

7. Re: Marco Island home rentals and boat rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 02:16