We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for Sept 07 Honeymoon

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay for Sept 07 Honeymoon

Hi,

We want to spend our honeymoon at Marco Island but aren't sure where to stay. We want something very nice and relaxing.

Columbus
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for Sept 07 Honeymoon

You didn't say when you are getting married. Have been to Marco Island in September and stayed at the Marriott. Not crowded at all at that time. Have also been there in July.....more people but so much fun. Going back again in September for quiet and rest. Have a great time wherever you end up staying!

Columbus
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for Sept 07 Honeymoon

Sorry I seem to not be able to read tonight. Check out the Marriott I think you'll love it. Get an ocean front room. The photos on this web site will show the corner rooms.....the sunsets from the balconies are incredible.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for Sept 07 Honeymoon

Hey - Are you still considering Marco - or did you decide on Aruba for sure now?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for Sept 07 Honeymoon

The Marriott, the Marriiott, the Marriott!! Have been trying to get there for years sans children. Every time we go (which have been many) my husband and I play "what we would do here without the kids." The list is endless. It's the most romantic beach we'e ever been to (including Kuai,Maui, Aruba, most of the CA coast) Beware, once you go you will be hooked. You'll never want to leave. They always drag me on to the plane home kicking and screaming. Don't know what your budget is, but if you can book the South Tower Ocean front room. It is the most romantic place on earth. Many congrats and if you start your married life on Marco you are definately on the right tract!!

Pittsburgh,Pa
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for Sept 07 Honeymoon

Everybody says Marriot,but if you want a better place ,go to the Marco Ocean Beach Resort.About the same price and it is suites not just a small room. I've been to Marco 15 years in a row and I will take this 4 star resort all the time.It is only about 5 years old.It is very quiet and believe me you will be happy you stayed there.

Naples
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for Sept 07 Honeymoon

If you want a "resort" hotel I would try the Marriott. If your looking for a quiet place to stay try the Olde Marco Inn and suites.

7. Re: Where to stay for Sept 07 Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island