We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heated versus Non-Heated pool

Chicago
2 posts
Save Topic
Heated versus Non-Heated pool

Hello,

We are looking to rent a house in the Fort Lauderdale area at the beginning of June. We have little kids, and we plan to spend most of our time swimming in the pool.

Do you think we need a heated pool, or should the water be warm in June?

Thank you.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heated versus Non-Heated pool

I'd always opt for heated if you can get it.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heated versus Non-Heated pool

Me Too! the older I get the warmer I like the water!!

Marco Island,FL
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heated versus Non-Heated pool

I would go with the home with the electiric pool heating because it's a sign of whether the owner is willing to invest into the comforts of their home versus trying to minimize their cost. The home with the electrically heated pool is more likely a home personally used by the owner and probably is better furnished through out.

A solar heated pool would be adequate in June, but is not adequate during the winter months. So if the owner is serious about comfort during the winter month they will have a powered pool heater.

Randy

4. Re: Heated versus Non-Heated pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 02:17