We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

june= rain

NJ
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
june= rain

Hello All,

I have been reading reviews and i am planning a trip to marco island in early june, i have read that there is alot of rain that month.. can anyone tell me if my trip is going to be a wash out?!??!

thanks!!

casselberry, florida
Level Contributor
638 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: june= rain

in florida, june is usually a heavy rain month- but the good news is that it usually rains late in the day for an hour or so (thunderstorms ) and then clears up. by all means, plan your trip and don't worry about the rain- you'll be fine.

one word of advice- if the clouds start coming and you see lightning, or hear thunder- get off the beach, even if it seems far away. florida thunderstorms are nothing to play around with. i've lived in florida 36 years and i can't believe how people just stay on the beach until it's right on top of them.

enjoy your trip!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
257 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: june= rain

I agree Florida is #1 for lightening strikes. We will be down for a couple of weeks in June to hopefully go sailing. Hoping the weather holds out for us.

Linda in Bonita Springs

…yahoo.com/group/southwestfloridafriends/

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: june= rain

Actually the rainy season can start in late May and goes through September. The rain can be refreshing by cooling everything down in the late afternoon. Florida residents are actually hoping that this year the season will come soon, because it has been extremely dry!

Have a great time on Marco, be sure to use the sun screen!

Randy

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: june= rain

No, your trip should not be a wash out, especially if it's in early June. June's rainfall increases as July approaches. Even so, early summer rainshowers tend to occur in the midafternoon and last for a short period of time. Big, frog-floating, thunderbooming storms are rare in early June.

Just in case, pack your rainjackets. Pack lots of sunscreen, too, Pick up a Marco Eagle newspaper when you get into town to see what's going on. There is a small bookstore and a cute movie theater on the island that will provide good diversions.

5. Re: june= rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 18:20