We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best condo property for kids

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Illinois
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best condo property for kids

We are considering a vacation to Marco Island in July. We would like to go for one week and want a condo located right on the beach. Most of the reviews I read are positive, but a recurring theme is how the properties favor adults and have very stict rules (especially by the pool) about kids/noise/games. A few reviews about South Seas and Seaside said that the residents complain all the time about the noise and renters are treated poorly.

We have a 12 and 6 year old who are good kids, but like to have fun!! I read one review that said at South Seas they "hushed" the kids constantly and did not allow them to play "Marco Polo" Good Lord, you can't have fun at a pool if you are not laughing/yelling/splashing. I dread the thought of having to keep the kids quiet while they swim.

Any suggestions/ideas/opinions would be greatly appreciated. We have never been to Marco and would love to check it out.

Thanks!

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best condo property for kids

Rent a house, then the electrically heated pool is open whenever you want and kids can laugh and play as much as you let them.

Your choices are limited for beachfront condos because only a few of them (2 I think) allow weekly rentals.

There are no beachfront rental houses on Marco however, but my guests typically find that actually hitting the beach about twice a week is enough. The kids don't want to leave the pool or stop fishing.

Just type into Google, Marco Island vacation rentals or check out vrbo.com

Be sure to look for an electrically heated pools and make sure the pool is directly behind the house where you can keep an eye on the pool from most area's in the home. Some homes have the pool along the side of the house and the pool really isn't visible from the inside.

Have a wonderful time on Marco,

Randy

Geneva, Illinois
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best condo property for kids

Thanks, Randy!

Can I get info about your property?? My husband is hooked on staying right on the beach, but I am ok with being a short walk away!

Anyone have suggestions on condos??

Marissa

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best condo property for kids

The Charter Club does weekly rentals and is definitely kid friendly. It is on the beach with a decent sized pool and hot tub. The rooms are spacious with a master bedroom, a bedroom with two twins, 2 full baths, a full kitchen, a dining area, living room, private balcony.

Geneva, Illinois
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best condo property for kids

Thanks for the info!!! Much appreciated!!

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best condo property for kids

Hi. Been visiting Marco for 13+ years with my two sons. Highly recommend that you consider renting a private home instead of a condo. Same price but much more space and private pool. Many are located on a canal with your own dock for fishing and tying up a rental boat. Search www.vrbo.com or www.cyberrental.com where you can search for private homes. We've been doing it forever and have always rented absolutely beautiful, fully stocked, comfortable homes. Many come with bicycles and pool toys, too. I think you would like it much more. Search for a home in the TigerTail neighborhood and you can walk to the beach. We rent a beach wagon and have it delivered to the house the day we arrive. Load it up and walk to the beach. Holiday Rentals, I think.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
19 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best condo property for kids

I agree - rent a house in the Tigertail neighborhood. That's where our vacation house is and it is a great location! Before we built on Marco we always rented homes. There are so many for rent right now that it should be easy to find one within your budget.

Geneva, Illinois
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best condo property for kids

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all the great info! We are considering the options and it is so helpful to have good information!

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best condo property for kids

South seas towers are not a good place to bring kids. We got a lot of grief at the pool. Its more of a retirement place than a family resort.We just left and enjoyed ourselves except for the pool police.

Tim

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: best condo property for kids

We stayed at South Seas last May with 2, 3 year old boys, and we had no problems and no complaints with them in the pool area. We didn't let them run around like indians but they did swim and splash and nobody yelled. Some of the older people seemed to enjoy them.

But next year we are going back and renting a house. There are a ton of beautiful homes for rent for almost the same price as a condo on the beach. just look for one close to Tigertail beach and you can walk there.

Geneva, Illinois
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best condo property for kids

I think we are leaning towards a house, too. It is not my idea of fun to keep my kids quiet while they swim and play!! We stayed at a place in Long Boat Key a few years back and every time my then 2 year old yelled, We would get the hostile looks from the "Pool Police"

There does seem to be a lot of beautiful houses in Marco. My husband really likes to stay right on the beach, but I don't mind being a few block away.

Thanks for all your input!