We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Several Trips to the island

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new england
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Several Trips to the island

My family and I have made several trips to Marco.

We enjoy going to Tiger Tail, Caxambas Pass, the Esplande. We take our son to Mackle Park and enjoy walking, playing basketball, Bocce and of course playing at the playground. Take a trip to Naples and see the Pier and have been to the Naples Zoo. We have had some nice dinners and have fished from the back yard at our rental home. It is a very enjoyable week and we are very relaxed when we get home. however, I feel we are missing things. Something new. Something different. Any suggestions?

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Several Trips to the island

Sometimes we feel the same way. Have you...

taken the Kahuna sunset cruise (in season)? Or one of the other catamaran sunset cruises?

www.sail-kahuna.com

rented a pontoon boat and looked for "secret beaches"?

gone to Jack's Lookout at about 4:30pm to wait for the fishing charters to come in and feed the MANY pelicans who come for fresh fish leftovers?

had a family portrait taken at sunset at TigerTail Beach?

gone to Stan's on Goodland on Sunday and done the buzzardlope?

gone to the Marco Center Mall on a Thursday evening to listen to the free concerts? Some are very fun!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Several Trips to the island

Waverunner excursion www.marcoadventures.com You will have a great experience on the ocean. You will get to go shelling on beaches that are not picked over, you will encounter dolphins and you will get a cd to take home. My sister did this tour when she last visited. She shared the wave runner with her 10 year old. Had never been on a waverunner before and they both still talk about the experience.

There is a driving range not too far off the Jolley Bridge (going in the direction toward Naples), that my kids really like to go to.

We have gone charter fishing--enjoyed by all--have gone from both Marco and Everglade City.

We plan to rent scooters/bikes the next time we visit.

new england
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Several Trips to the island

Thanks for some great suggestions.

I really appreciate it.

Starting our countdown to this years trip in April

Only 43 more days to go! YEA

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Several Trips to the island

One thing that we haven't done in years is go to Quinn's at the Marriott for dinner/sunset/drinks to listen to the music. We plan to go this year. We love Guy Harvey's restaurant in the Esplanade. The kids will LOVE the huge fish and paintings. Our favorite family-friendly restaurant is Cafe Bubbalini.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Several Trips to the island

Have done Quinn's at sunset for several years now. Highly recommend it. Hubby and daughter always rent a kayak for an hour or so and always come back with incredible stories about sea turtles and dolphins. Go and enjoy!

6. Re: Several Trips to the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 23:16