We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poolside beverages-Marriott

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Poolside beverages-Marriott

Just wondering....We are staying at the Marriott for the first time. We will definitely be trying some of the fun and tropical drinks from the poolside bar next week, but is it ok to bring a plastic travel mug from your room down to the pool, filled with a favorite beverage?

Also...are coolers allowed on the beach?

9 days and counting!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poolside beverages-Marriott

Yes to both. We always take coolers to the beach at the Marriott. You see them everywhere, filled with everything imaginable. We've also taken all kinds of drinks to the pool. I know it's a no-brainer, but just make sure your drinks are in plastic.

Our count down is school days now. So it's only 6. It sounds shorter that way. Have a great time!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poolside beverages-Marriott

Thanks a bunch!! That really helps! FYI...come say "hi" if you happen to see us. We will probably be hanging at the beach or by the Tiki pool most of the time.(Our boys are 6 & 8) My husband is tall (6'6") and I have red hair. Hard to miss us!

Julie

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poolside beverages-Marriott

I'm jealous...

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poolside beverages-Marriott

Jackie - you'll get your turn. I promise to be extremely jealous in April. It won't take any effort at all.

jcj - we're usually on the beach, but will take a look for you. In the "wish somebody had told me the first time" catagory, the Tiki pool gets very crowded early. That's especially so during spring break. People go down at 7 a.m. as they're putting out the chairs and grab 5 or 6 and put towels, books, shoes on them to "save" them. The hotel asks that you not do that, but people do it anyway. If, when you get to the pool, you see multitudes of empty chairs with things laying on them, go to the pool attendant. They will find chairs for you. When our kid were little and hung at the Tiki pool, we always allowed them to have chairs with the understanding that they had to give them up to adults if/when it got crowded. I've seen other people do that too. We still stop at one of the beach shops and pick up cheap boogie boards for the beach. They've always been worth their weight in gold. When we leave we just give them to other kids on the beach. This time of year, the temp can dip to the low 60's at night (that sounds like heaven to me right now) so throw in a sweatshirt for the kids if you plan to stroll after dark. Let's hope for cloudless skies so we can see that sunset at Quinn's! Enjoy!!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poolside beverages-Marriott

Thanks for the awesome advice. Much appreciated!! We will definitely pick up a couple boogie boards. And the chair thing is helpful. My husband is an early riser, so I'll have him grab a couple chairs if we are hanging by the pool that day. (Our kids don't need their own chairs...too busy playing). Just wondering, I'm going to throw in a beach ball, tube, etc...Do they allow those type of toys in the pool? I am guessing we'll be on the beach alot too. The kids have grown up swimming in MN & Wisc. lakes but have never seen the ocean. Poor kids. We always leave them at home with the grandparents while we hit the beaches of Mexico. {{{laughing}}}

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poolside beverages-Marriott

You can use any pool/water toys you want in the pools. I can't remember the last time we went anywhere without the kids. My husband travels all the time and I've got the kids. When we go on vacation, we've got the kids. When I go to visit relatives in St. Louis, I've got the kids. There's something very wrong with this system. I have a very vague recollection of hubby and I alone on a beach somewhere back in the early 90's. Oh, wait! That was our honeymoon. Yup, that's about right...last time anywhere without kids. At least they're old enough now that we get one night where we leave them pizza money and we take off for Kurrents. Can't wait! See ya on the beach! Annie

7. Re: Poolside beverages-Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 22:20