We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental boat for a day; where should we go?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Caledonia, WI
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Rental boat for a day; where should we go?

Hello all,

I am new to this, but it seams like you guys are really helpful. We have two couples coming down to Marco the first week in April and staying at the Marriott. we have a deck boat rented from Ceder bay for 8 1/2 hours ; however we are only allowed to use it on the inner coastal waterways North as far as Naples Bay and South as far as Goodland.

I am a freelance photographer and I would really like to find some beautiful places along the way to shoot and if we saw any dolphins or Manatees it would just make my day. We were told that keewaydin Island is a stop that we don't want to miss. if there are any other neat little islands or spots in the area that would be cool to check out with a boat please let me know.

Thanks!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental boat for a day; where should we go?

cant strictly help youo with this one..but can say (Jackie dont laugh) it you have this boat on a sunday afternoon.. get down to goodlands and visit Stans idle hour session... if you like people photos you would pick up some cracking ones here!! especially if old queenie is dancing?

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental boat for a day; where should we go?

You may be able to take it up to the Crayton Cove area of Naples. There are a few restaurants there, and I'm sure at least one of them has a dock. There's also a good-sized marina and the Cove Inn Resort. See www.craytoncove.com.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental boat for a day; where should we go?

Hi. Most boat rentals prohibit you from taking them into the Gulf. Too much risk. If you want to go out further, you might be able to find a marina that rents cruisers rather than deck boats. I think some do. You will receive a map with your boat and many of the great sites you'll just come upon. Go over to Isles of Capri, too. Many dolphins in the Marco River just off the yacht club and Snook Inn, opposite Capri. They'll follow you out towards the Gulf before you take the jog to the North to stay in the canals.

4. Re: Rental boat for a day; where should we go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 08:15