We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House rental on Montego Court

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
House rental on Montego Court

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the area of Montego court. We are renting a house on Montego in June. We were told it is a 5 minute walk from the beach. Can anyone tell me which beach that would be? As far as location goes, in your opinion do you think it is a good location. I got a really reasonable rate on it but it's not located on a dock by the water. I'm kind of wishing we had chosen a house with a dock now! Thanks!!

new england
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: House rental on Montego Court

jamey MJ-

We rented a house on Aster Court close to where you are on Montego Court (If Google Maps is pointing correctly and I think it is).

IT is a 5 minute walk as the crow flies and you have to cross collier blvd. I dont know how you would get onto the beach from there, but there might be public access walks through the condos or hotel.

For us it was well worht the drive to the beaches.

South Beach public Access and Tiger Tail are definatly a drive.

Have you made your last payment yet? Can you switch houses? You dont have to be stuck with a place you dont want or one that does not have the amenities you want.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House rental on Montego Court

I haven't made the last payment yet. I think it is due in about a week. All we have provided at this time is the security deposit. If the house looks as it is pictured is a beautiful home but the main reason I chose this home over one with a doc by the water was because I was told it was a 5 min. walk to the beach. If I am going to have to drive to get to the beach anyway...then maybe I'll look for a house with a dock and water. I think I am going to do some looking around tonight while I have time and make sure we are making the right choice. If anyone has recommendations for a particular street/rental please let me know. I started to question this because I googled the address of the rental (just recently learned I could do this!) and it does appear to be close but I couldn't determine how we would actually walk to the beach from that location. Thank you for your help. I think ultimately we'll be on vacation and we'll make the best of any situation, but if that isn't exactly true, then what else might they not be exactly truthful about...ya know! Thanks again!

MN
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: House rental on Montego Court

We stayed at this condo:

sunmarcofun.com/html/1060_swallow_ave_.html

It is clean, reasonable, big and located 2 long blocks from the south beach access. There is a pool at the condo that was seldom used when we were there. The owner is a great guy to work with! It is a corner unit on second floor in a small 12 unit condo. I'd recommend it. If you want more info pm me. I'm the gal with the shell pictures. Just think you'd be that much closer to the shells!!

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House rental on Montego Court

You are probably more like a solid 10-15 minute walk to the beach and it would be the South Beach Access (unless the new public access near the Marriott has opened). Very small public parking lot there, too. Tiger Tail Beach is not within walking distance unless you are comfortable walking pretty far (like 3 miles). But it has a large parking lot with a cafe and playground. And you can rent cabanas and chairs.

The location is fine, especially if the furnishings of the house look nice. Its just not as close to the beach as they advertise. You are on the east side of Collier so you have to cross Collier to get to the beach. Don't be afraid to drive to Tiger Tail Beach.

I always find the beautiful houses we rent on www.vrbo.com or www.cyberrentals.com. You can search by amenities, number of rooms, etc. I always look for homes in the Tiger Tail Beach neighborhood. We are able to walk to the beach, pulling our rented beach wagon that was delivered to the house by www.holidayrentalcompany.com. Can't beat it!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House rental on Montego Court

Thanks everyone for your assistance on this!!!!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House rental on Montego Court

The public access by the Marriott is open if that helps.

7. Re: House rental on Montego Court

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 13:17