We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

Hello, my wife and I are going to Marco for a week and we are bringing the dog. I read one post that said the beach is a good place to take the dog, and another that said that dogs are not allowed. Can some one clear this up for me?

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

Maybe in the early morning before the beach officially opens but after that, I don't believe dogs are allowed. Or I just never see any.

MN
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

When I was there in March I saw lots of dogs being walked everywhere but the beach. I didn't see any on the beach...early am or late pm.

Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

Thank you for your replies, I love this website.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,354 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

The responses sound accurate. Many Florida beaches ban dogs, and Marco Island, being a haven for rich retirees, seems quite likely to be that way.

Do check the northern end of the beach (Tigertail)--it's a hot spot for shorebirds.

new york
Level Contributor
419 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

Dogs are not allowed on the beach in Marco

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

I asked a local pet owning resident:

Patti says:

There is a dog beach up at Lovers Key off Bonita Beach Rd. (about 25 miles N from Marco by car) - It is marked with signs. Other than that - no dogs on the beach.

However, on Marco Island you can park on either side of the Jolly bridge and dogs/owners are often walking and swimming there.

Me again:

the beach under the Jolley bridge isn't very big but it might give your pet some running room.

Randy

Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

Thanks again every one, y'all are awesome.

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
283 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

Just a note if you have a small dog Lovers Key is not always a good place to take it. There are large dogs there and while most are well behaved owners some just don't have a clue. Fort Myers beach other than right at the pier allows dogs on a leash. Both my dogs are small and I will not be taking them back to Lovers Key dog beach.

9. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches on Marco Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 02:20