We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

Vermont
14 posts
Save Topic
Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

The absolute BEST tour on Marco Island for Wave Runners / Jet Skis is with Capt. Ron. His tour is nothing like a crowded hotel tour. We went out with him in April 2008 and it was amazing! Only 5 machines go out at a time, he takes you over 35 miles round trip, stops on a secluded island to do a little shelling, provided FREE soft drinks, water and loaner polorized glasses and took over 200 pictures of the whole thing. We got a CD at the end of the trip for just 10 bucks with all the photos and bought a couple of his T-shirts too! He is like the McGyver of the 10,000 Islands and so knowledgable about everything from shells to wildlife. We actully found him through a company called Marco Adventures, the lady there named Kathy helped us plan all of our activities for the week and she did not steer us wrong! Her website is www.marcoadventures.com We can't wait to go back again next year!!

The Dolphin Explorer
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Eco Tours
Hemingway Water Shuttle
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Sunshine Bike Tours
City Tours, Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Sunshine Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

FYI .... RE: chillyinVT 12 Posts

Today she/he just posted on June 5 ... 12 different posts talking up Marco Adventures and "Kathy" and Capt Ron "who is amazing".

I'm just stating a fact. You can make your own decision of what this means.

Vermont
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

And your point is MarcoRedEagle? I have traveled to many places and have wasted alot of money on excursions that looked great on paper and in the local magazines. When you find good people and they are honest about which tours to take while in a particular location you spread the news. I was just sharing info on great service we received during our stay. No conspiracy here if you are the keeper of the gates. :)

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

I do not mean to step on any toes here. However, we too have been on the Capt. Ron waverunner tour. It was, in our opinion, every bit as nice as ChillyinVT indicates it was. We have never been on any other waverunner tours in Marco Island, so we have nothing to compare the experience to. That being said, I cannot imagine a nicer tour. We will definately experience a waverunner tour excursion with him again. If you look, I have also posted on this forum about our experience prior to making this post. I am not affiliated with nor do I have an interest in marcoadventures or Capt. Ron.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

and should we question a poster who joined TA in June 2008?

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

and I don't mean chillyinVT...

USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

What is my point ChillyinVT? Please see my last "FACT" comment below.

Let me summarize the situation:

- 2 posters that have started June 2008 (1) ChillyinVT and Marcoredeagle (me)

- chillyinVT posted 12 extremely positive posts on Capt Ron and Marco Adventures

- Marcoredeagle pointed out the fact of ChillyinVT's use of phrases like: "Ron is amazing", "Ron is fantastic", and "McGyver of the islands".

FACT: ChillyinVT posted 12 extremely positive posts, in one night and at one time, all including web addresses and telephone numbers of the two businesses.

FACT: Marcoredeagle didn't post one web address or telephone number about any business

OBSERVATION: People usually don't make such statements unless they are advistisements.

- The Comment from chillyinVT:

"Stay way from the hotel version of the tour it was overpriced, overrated and a waste of money!"

In my OPINION this is a strong opinion and not accurate since I took the hotel tour and found it economical and great.

- OBSERVATION: Any one posting 12 extremely positive posts about 2 businesses should be looked at with some suspicion.

- OBSERVATION: JackiePaddy and WisKim appear to be trying to help people out on this blog over the years.

- FACT: I have no commercial/family/friends interest in any business on Marco.

- FACT: If people reading this blog have a hint of people trying to "game" their opinions, then the blog will be useless since it will be of no value.

Vermont
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

MarcoRedEagle you give off an angry, suspicious vibe in my opinion. And you seem to have way too much time on your hands. So I posted a number of times on the day I happened to join, and OH NO guess what, I cut and pasted the same good review and recommendations of the people I was lucky enough to find so I didn't have to retype it over and over again. My opinions are just that, MY OPINIONS. If you feel the need to patrol a site that you ARE NOT hired to do so for, again you have TOO much time on your hands.

USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

No problem chillinVT ... I have received multiple thank yous (emails) for my post above.

A good post should never attack another blogger.

Marco Island
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

Thank you -ChillyinVT for the nice review of your trip with me. It's very ignorant of someone who has NOT been on my trip to try to bash it. I have to say though, you are not the first one to use the McGyver reference, I hear it a lot. I also hear the words "amazing", "unbelievable" and "AWESOME" a lot too. I get a lot of customers who have been on the other tour and they unanimously say Capt Ron's blows the others away. That's my goal! Let me provide a few Facts for those who don't already know: I managed the company that provides the "hotel" tours for 23 years. In 1988 I personally invented the 10ki Waverunner Tour. They are still done the same as when I was there. Their trips are 1-1.25hrs and about 10-15mi round trip. You NEVER get off the machine, there's no time! They get $140 for their trip and I get $240 for more than twice as long. sometimes people confuse "economical" for"cheap". There is NOBODY that knows the Backcountry as well as me. Marco adventures and Capt. Ron's are two seperate businesses that work together. EVERYBODY books Capt. Ron's thru Marco Adventures.

Finally: MarcoRedEagle, how would you like to take a FREE trip with me? I promise you'll change your mind. Maybe you'll even post your own nice review. You be the judge. In the mean time, please be careful what you say about my good name.

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wave Runner Jet Ski tours Marco Island

Hey CaptRons....if MarcoRedEagle does not want to take you up on the free ride offer, I would be more than happy to provide an independent 3rd party evaluation!!! We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage girls (16,19) planning to be in the area on July 9+10. Our plan is to rent jetskis on the 10th. We are coming from NH, so we'd offer you an unbiased consumer opinion from "Freezin in NH"!!