We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best 2 person condo/place on the beach?

Florida Native
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
best 2 person condo/place on the beach?

We are celebrating our wedding anniversary and looking forward to a week of R+R away from our hectic jobs. Any recommendations on the cleanest/tropical beach accomadation either room or condo for 2 for a week? Since Florida always seems to be in a state of remodeling or renewal, we would like someplace removed from the rennovations. A place to hear ourselves talk, read a good book, sip cocktails, hear the surf, but just the same have easy access to good food, entertainment, and some nightlife, if we so choose. We like to ballroom dance, work out, maybe play pingpong, horseback ride on the beach, katamaran, fish. Anything like that in your area? What about the Apollo Beachfront Condo? The Angler's Cove? Any others recommended?

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best 2 person condo/place on the beach?

If you're open to condos, you'll have plenty to choose from on Marco. Check out www.vrbo.com or www.cyberrentals.com. Do you prefer to be located on the beach? Apollo is on the south beach and has a popular sports bar located in the lobby with a great sunset view (Sunset Grille). Anglers Cove is on the North side of the island near the Marco River Marina. Has its own tiki bar (Dolphin Tiki).

Marriott Marco Resort is absolutely beautiful and the noise from the Marriott Vacation timeshare construction is far enough away that it won't bother you. The Hilton is closer to the construction.

Not sure about dancing on Marco, especially ballroom. Did some bad dancing outdoors at the Esplanade SkyBar.

Ohio
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best 2 person condo/place on the beach?

When are you traveling? Marco is pretty quiet at night even in the height of winter season! The Marriott is lovely and upscale with a great spa and workout area. Apollo is so/so and Angler's Cove is on the river. It is not on the Gulf. Marco seems to cater more to the monthly/seasonal snowbirds and not so much to the weekly visitors. I would avoid the Hilton due to construction next door. There is no construction now near the Marriott. Some weekly condos can be dated and others can be beautiful so ask lots of questions. Hope then for honest answers!! Feel free to contact me.

USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best 2 person condo/place on the beach?

If I had one vacation to Marco I would get a place directly on the beach ... get a hotel or condo and make sure your sliding door and lanai faces west ... and the sunset.

You don't know Marco until you have done this for a week or two or three or .....

Iceland
Level Contributor
148 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best 2 person condo/place on the beach?

Hello luvtodance

My wife and I stay´d at the appollo for a week this may. We liked it alot. You can rent a lot of condos in the appollo on vrbo.com.

The Appollo is wery clean, comfortable and the pool area is nice.

There is a walk way to the beach and the sunset grille has good cocktails and fine food.

Fossdal

Rockaway Park, New...
Level Contributor
188 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best 2 person condo/place on the beach?

My husband and I stayed for a week at the Beach Club of Marco,a 1br condo, rented online via vrbo.com and LOVED IT!! key access to the beach which is across the street, great pool, small gym, great views, terrrace, peace and quiet, clean. My husband brought along his travel fishing pole and fished off the rocks at South Beach, caught a few too! Perfect place to celebrate! good luck!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best 2 person condo/place on the beach?

My favorite 1 bedroom is the Apollo.

Upside:

- no renovations (the entrance was renovated last year)

- read a book 50 feet from the privacy gating in back

- read a book in the afternoon on the lanai

- sip cocktails and hear the surf

- easy access to good food, entertainment at the Sunset G?)

- everyone staying on hte beach works out

- Marco has a katamaran, and lots of ways to fish.

- Unbelievable widelife (80% of Collier County is open space)

Downside:

- In the off season there is a reduced amount of nightlife

- limited/unknown ballroom dance (perhaps Naples?)

- I've never seen horseback ride on the beach - I think a rule about animals on the beach?

7. Re: best 2 person condo/place on the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 01:19