We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

view on weather & other things in august ?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
view on weather & other things in august ?

hi .. always visited Mi in July... due to cost of flights from the uk, i am now considering last week of august + first week of september..

Can you think of anything that might put us off coming over those few weeks later please?

We have experienced some restaurants/shops being closed in july - is there a greater risk at the end of aug/sept?

Anyone have any suggestion for a great but moderatley price house for 6 please?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: view on weather & other things in august ?

Yeh....but I don't half miss your pies

USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: view on weather & other things in august ?

To me ... July and August .. have the same % of hurricanes (Sorry I don't have any proof but my memory). So it is a toss up on which month to go.

I can tell you THE ABSOLUTE BEST shelling I have done on MI has been right after Charlie .. it hit miles up North .. but Marco had THE BEST SHELLS after the hurricane went through. My wife and relative made 5? huge mirrors with the huge shells found that trip. I look at the shell mirror everyday and think about that Marco trip.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: view on weather & other things in august ?

If the worst happens, the main thing is to find accommodations inshore. When a mandatory evacuation is declared, I usually help my guests find a hotel. If the hurricane/storm is approaching from the East, I usually send people North to the first available hotel in that direction. If the hurricane is approaching from the West or South, we look for accomodations to the west.

The somewhat nice thing about hurricanes and tropical storms is that there usually is at least a couple days of warnings.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: view on weather & other things in august ?

Once again thank you all...

Andy.. shame I cant bring you some in!

For those who may be wondering.. My home town is famous for its Pork Pies.....Andy - as a brit - obviously knows them!!

Randy.... some of the photographs of your homes are not clear.. looks as tho they are water marked?

I will sedn you an e....

15. Re: view on weather & other things in august ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 00:17