We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Off" season for Marco Island

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TN
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
"Off" season for Marco Island

I've read that July is the off season for MI. Have I missed something!!! Is it due to the heat or what? Just curious......

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Off" season for Marco Island

It's because Marco is mostly residential and the "season" is for snowbirds. The ones who live up north, but travel south for the winter. Have been to Marco several times "off season" and love it. Walk right in to any restaurant, anything you want to do. It's an amazing place and I'd take it any season!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Off" season for Marco Island

we've visited MI 4 times now, always in july.... a few but only a few restaurants do close. it's nice.. very nice...

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
870 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Off" season for Marco Island

July / August are regarded as 'low season' on Marco, but having visited the island on 6 or 7 occasions in August, I (clearly) still like the place.

It is very hot & humid (certainly by UK standards!!), there is always the risk of a hurricane at this time of year, but the lack of crowds more than makes up fo rthis (and the very small number of businesses which close) IMHO.

4. Re: "Off" season for Marco Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 12:22