We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitos dumb question

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pennsylvania
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
mosquitos dumb question

Do mosquitos only bite at night, I dont know if I should put my repellent on with my sun blok or sun blok daytime, bug repellent night time. I think I have only seen mosquitos in the evening and we live near the river.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mosquitos dumb question

Welcome to Florida - these things can bite any time of the day although they are usually the worst late afternoon and evening. We are having a lot of rain right now and they love that, I got bit several times just going to the mailbox today. Wear the repellent.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquitos dumb question

certainly not a dumb question.. these little blighters really get you if its raining... we were at stans on a sunday afternoon - during a storm, and god did i get bitten... so my advise to you would be wear it early morning, later afternoon and certainly evening and night time if out... plus any time its raining and you are out.. I always buy deep wood off ( i think thats what its called) from walgreens when i arrive in fl.

I know on a trip to sanibel island I got really bitten by the no see'ums on the beach - walking about 6.30 - 7 a.m...... never been up that early on marco so not sure if you could have the same experience there with no see'ums.. and to be honest havent seen any mention of these on the MI forum?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquitos dumb question

Agree with the late afternoon to early evening hours. Can be bad during summer. Have had really good results with Avon's Skin So Soft. It's worked for us for years on Marco. We live on the Ohio River, so I've tested them all. Take Skin So Soft with you. You'll be fine. Have a great time!

4. Re: mosquitos dumb question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 04:16