We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Ft.Myers to Marco Island

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Forest Hills, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
driving from Ft.Myers to Marco Island

Hi,We want to drivwe from Fort Myers to Marco Island by car (we will be arriving to Ft.Myers airport).How long is the drive? Thanks a alot.

nlg
McMinnville...
Level Contributor
426 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from Ft.Myers to Marco Island

It usually takes about an hour-depending on traffic.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from Ft.Myers to Marco Island

The fastest we've done is 45 minutes but the traffic seems to be getting worse. If you rent a car at the airport, ask them if access to I-75 is a right or left hand turn (maybe someone else will remember...I just recall that I am always on the wrong side and traffic can build up quickly).

You'll pass Wal-Mart on the way down in case you need to stock up.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from Ft.Myers to Marco Island

Hi Lisa,

Detailed TRAVEL DIRECTION

FT. Myers(RSW) -> the JOLLEY BRIDGE onto Marco

It will take just less than 1 hour to get to Marco from Ft. Myers Airport. This airport terminal is just 2 years old. If you have flown into this airport before, things will have changed a bit, all for the better. Follow signs while exiting the Airport for I75 South. This route will take you from terminal road and then a left onto Treeline avenue. Immediately after your turn onto Treeline, move to the right lane and prepare to make a right turn on to Alico Ave. which will be the next stop light. You can then pickup the entrance ramps to South I75. This is exit 128. Follow I75 for about 27 miles South. Watch for exit 101 for 951 Collier Blvd as marked as the Marco/Naples exit. The exits are numbered to match the mile markers. Follow signs for Marco, 951 Collier Blvd South. This road will take you all the way across the Jolley Bridge to Marco.

On your return watch for exit 128, Alico Rd. Should you miss it, you can still take the Danial Road exit and follow the airport signs.

If you are returning a rental car, we have found that if you fill the car's gas tank at the intersection of Davis and Collier Blvd, the intersection preceding entering I75, that the fuel indicator will still show FULL when you arrive at the airport. We've also found that the cheapest gas is usually on Danial Road (the next exit beyond Alico Rd.) on the west side of I75. After filling your tank, head east on Danial back under I75 and watch for the airport signs which will point you to turn right on Treeline Ave and finally left on to terminal road.

Map RSW to the Jolley Bridge http://tinyurl.com/4wwv9p

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving from Ft.Myers to Marco Island

We've done it for years and used to make it easily in just under an hour. However, since they opened the Coach Outlet, it takes us 2 hours and at least one mortgate payment.

5. Re: driving from Ft.Myers to Marco Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 07:18