Hi everyone. My family and I are planning our first trip to Marco Island the first week of December. While my husband has been here before as a child, this will be a new experience for me.
I've been digging through TA to find all I can about this island and was hoping for some additional tips.
We're bringing along our 7 year old son, 16 month old daughter, and I will be 28 weeks pregnant at the time.
We've rented a condo at Seawinds on the south part of the beach.
I was hoping I could pick your brains with some questions.
1. I've never been shell hunting, being on the south part of the beach is there a good place to find shells in walking distance for me?
2. Being a midwest girl I have very little experience with the ocean, heck I can't even swim. That said, I'm terrified of the idea of sharks, jellyfish and stingrays. Are these a problem or a likely encounter during the beginning of December?
3. How long is the drive from the south part of the beach to the north part?
4. I've always dreamed of seeing a manatee, is there a good place that will do a boat tour to see them?
5. Are there any must see family friendly attractions within a 1-2 hour drive of Marco Island?
Thanks so much for your time!