We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Island Marriott Charges.

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Island Marriott Charges.

I've read in a review that there is a $6 charge a day for room cleaning. I've stayed there many times, and never had to pay for cleaning. Can anyone who has stayed there recently confirm if they were charged for this?

Leeds, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

Hope not staying there in December....

What can we expect from the weather ?

Leeds, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

Hope not staying there in December....

What can we expect from the weather ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

We've been there 2 or 3 times late November, early December. Hot days, some evenings have been chilly, and some have been warm enough for shorts. I feel the cold, so never go anywhere in the world without a warm sweater... even to the equator!

Go to www.marco-island-florida.com/weather.htm and you can get a table of average highs and lows.Try surfing some of the weather chanels for more detailed info. Really hard not to enjoy Marco.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

Clare - I read this and immediately called the Marco Marriott. It's a service that's offered to (and can be refused) people who are with very large groups (conventions, etc.) Some find it easier to have a general charge rather than tipping housekeeping. For anyone checking in for vacation,(you alot sooner than me!) it's not an option. So don't worry about it. Go, Have a great time at Quinn's and walk that gorgeous white sand and your room will be perfect when you get back to it! At no extra charge.

London, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

What a star you are! I'll put that extra $6 into my Long Island Tea fund.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

If I remember right, that'll get you half of a Long Island! Go ahead and have a whole one. I'll buy the other half! It'll be worth it to hear the story! Aren't we counting days/hours now???? Annie

London, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

One week to go. and I'm getting my summer clothes out of mothballs! I'm also watching the 10 day weather forecast, we should arrive with sunshine. I keep looking at the beach webcam, and dreaming. Think I'll have to try the Foo Foo on your recommendation.

Leeds, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

What's the Foo Foo ...Have I missed something ?

With all your collective knowledge, anyone know a good Miami hotel for our last night. I am staying at the Fountainbleu on business next week so will check that out but any other suggestions gratefully received.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

A Foo Foo is anything that comes served with a paper umbrella in it. Have stayed at the Fountainbleau and it's amazing. However, I was in Frank's suite! Email me and I'll tell you about it!

10. Re: Marco Island Marriott Charges.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 19:17