We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arturo's

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Arturo's

It's been 2 summers since we have been to Marco Ialand and were wondering if our favorite restaurant, Arturo's is still there.

Even the summer we stayed at Ft Myers Beach, we drove back to Marco just to eat at Arturo's.

This past summer we took a break from Florida and went to the Virgin Islands, so we are missing Marco and Arturo's. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arturo's

Oh, yeah it's still there. And still the same amazing place!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arturo's

I've been a few times over the years and enjoy Arturo's a lot.

My latest use of Arturo's is ... to order early, get a 25%? discount, pick up and carryout and take it back to the beach condo. (the discount may just be during busy season)

Benefits

- Marco sunset forces you to have dinner either early or late, so we control when we eat (and less time preparing to leave for a restaurant)

- older parents can hear conversations better at the condo vs at a restaurant

- family dinner can last a long time (euro dining) but there is no rush to leave - like at a restaurant.

- at the condo the drink costs aren't a consideration

- you can pick up a carryout dinner and have a "picnic" ... you don't need to be on a lanai watching the sunset.

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arturo's

Thanks to all, so happy to hear they are still there, c an't wait to eat there again next summer.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arturo's

MarcoRed - fill us in on the 25% discount deal at Arturo's. Not familiar with it. Sounds good! We, too, like to take-out and eat more leisurely at the house, not to mention much more cost-effective cocktails!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arturo's

Just back from Marco .. I went to Arturo's and was not disappointed. Again we did the 25% take out discount and loved it. Part of it was the food and part was the memory of the long relaxing dinner.

I never saw the 25% deal advertised in the Marco News. I presume the special may be for the locals but maybe I'm wrong. Anyone can take advantage of it.

Details:

- if you order by 5:30 PM (we ordered by tele) AND

- if you pick up the order by 6:00 PM

THEN you get 25% off. No exceptions.

- the food is in microwavable boxes

- there is a side take out door that you pick up the food

- they will give you bread

- ask for extra parmasean

To me the best part of this dinner was having a relaxing Euro style meal ... we picked up the food early then we sat down in a lanai at a house overlooking a canal ... we drank cheap, ate and talked until 9:00PM. It was a family memory. No one to tell us to leave. We didn't need to feel bad about turning the table over for the wait staff.

This has become a frequent Marco vacation dinner for us.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arturo's

OMG...I could just collapse reading your story about eating out under the lanai. I'm in Baltimore.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
564 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arturo's

Hi MarcoRed,

Prompted by your posting, we did the VIPTakeout special last night.

It was very convenient. The food was ready for us when we got there. From the takeout door you can take a peek at the main restaurant. It is a very fancy place. We were able to have a delightful meal in our slumming clothes.

I've added your tips to our house's guest book for our future guests.

How did you hear about the special?

Thanks for sharing your tip!

Randy

new england
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arturo's

Oh its open....

and it feels like the chef spoils us.

They offer a meat braciole as a special once in a while.

However, you never know when so we just call ahead and ask the chef to prepare for us.

My wife almost comes to tears everytime she eats it.

It is just like what her Mom use to cook - pine nuts and all.

We love Arturo's.

I wish there was a way to have them cook, package, flash freeze and send up the coast to New England!

9. Re: Arturo's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 13:21
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island