We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

send 3 nights at Marco Island ...

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Topic
send 3 nights at Marco Island ...

is that a good idea or is it better to stay at Naples ? We plan to visit the Everglades, i know that 2 lodging are available at Eveverglade City, but it seems to be a bit far isolated with very few restaurants ...Your advises will be appreciated

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: send 3 nights at Marco Island ...

Hi Phil - After having visited Marco Island and Naples for years, I would recommend that you stay in either place versus Everglades City. I was there in April and it is definitely doable as a day trip from Marco. It is VERY different from Marco Island and Naples. As you said, it is isolated with few restaurants.

However, lots of history, interesting buildings, great museum with a very friendly and helpful docent. We had lunch at the Rod & Gun Club (evergladesrodandgun.com) which was fascinating. Great service but a bit costly for lunch. But I think a day will do it.

There are many opportunities for an airboat ride while in Everglades City or on the way there from Marco.

Naples is larger than Marco and more urban. Much traffic. Let us know what kind of setting you prefer and we're happy to help.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: send 3 nights at Marco Island ...

thank you Paddie, our idea is Lakeside Inn or Boathouse Motel, both are expensive because it's the peak season in Florida. Do you know any standards motels adress ? of course we like comfy and you have to pay for it. By the way, we have the idea to stay 3 nites in the Sanibel area and 3 another in the Cedar Key area, are those area of any interest, we like nature ...thank you

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: send 3 nights at Marco Island ...

Hi - If you like nature, Sanibel Island will be lovely. Much less developed and much more natural. Its beautiful. I'm not familiar with the other.

The Boat House is a great location on Marco, located right where the Marco River meets the Gulf. You can walk to The Snook Inn.

The Lakeside Inn gets good reviews that you can read on TA.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

4. Re: send 3 nights at Marco Island ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 02:17