We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Low-Rise 4 BR Condo on the Beach

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Low-Rise 4 BR Condo on the Beach

Just had a great family vacation at a 4 BR home on Marco. Now would like to start looking into trying a "beach" vacation for next visit.

We would need a 4BR condo...preferably in a low-rise development...property directly on the beach. Will appreciate knowing of any that would meet those requirements.

Thanks!

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Low-Rise 4 BR Condo on the Beach

Hi GrandmaMac,

It is difficult to find 4 BR condos. Condo unit are typically smaller than houses. You might want to look for 2 condo units.

Randy

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Low-Rise 4 BR Condo on the Beach

Thank you, Randy. Will keep that in mind for a back-up plan.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Low-Rise 4 BR Condo on the Beach

I think you may find some 4 bedroom units in the Mirage condos. They are on the south end of the island. HOWEVER, they are not on the beach but are gulf front. There might also be some 4 bedrooms in the Esplanade condos. Once again though, they will not be on the beach but rather on the bay. If my memory serves me correctly, there are two condos that are next door to each other that are in the Somerset condos and maybe even in the SS3 or SS4 buildings. I agree with Randy in that you may have to look for two condos in the same building in order to be on the beach.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Low-Rise 4 BR Condo on the Beach

WisKim, you are correct:

- there are very few if any 4 bedrooms to rent on the beach (I'm pretty sure the Mirage is NOT a weekly rental)

- South Seas Towers (SST) III and IV, are weekly, don't have 4 bedrooms, I believe they are all 2 bedrooms

- Somerset has both 3 (7 people) and 2 (5 people) bedrooms

- the largest rental agency for condos on the beach and on the island is Prudential Florida Realty.

http://www.wcifloridarentals.com/index.html

Does any one else know who 2nd and 3rd are?

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Low-Rise 4 BR Condo on the Beach

We had some luck renting by the week in the Mirage in the off season. That condo was sold though. Maybe another owner will accommodate.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Low-Rise 4 BR Condo on the Beach

Thank you for the suggestions and general information re: Marco condo options. Gives us a couple of places to start our research...fun to do since the outside temperature here is currently 10 degrees. Oh...to think I was floating around in the lighted pool at our Marco rental home (70 degree evening) just one week ago tonight....

7. Re: Looking for Low-Rise 4 BR Condo on the Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 05:29