We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must dos in Marco?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines
1 post
Save Topic
Must dos in Marco?

Hello! I am looking for your opinion on must dos in Marco. Activities, dining, etc. I visited Marco many times in high school/college, but I was mainly interested in laying on the beach. Now, we are taking our 2 year old and I am curious what activities are out there. Thanks!

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must dos in Marco?

The TA regulars are sick of hearing this from me, but...I think your 2 year old will enjoy this as much as my 2 year olds did. Go to Jack's Lookout at the Rose Marco River Marina (on Bald Eagle) at about 4:30pm (when the charter fishing boats come in with their catch). The pelicans come by the dozens for the leftovers. They're like dogs! We still go as much as we can. We enjoy a cold draft from Jack's (if you remember it from the past, they now have a nice deck and actually serve more than draft beer in plastic cups).

The playground at Mackle Park gets high marks from the little ones in our family. We always enjoyed the playground at Tiger Tail Beach.

I recommend renting a boat for a half-day. My kids love it. You can cruise around the canals and look for manatees and dolphins.

Marco Island
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Must dos in Marco?

I'd recommend going to CJ's on the Bay at the Esplanade - offers both lunch and dinner with a kid's menu and a great view of Smokehouse Bay. I believe I've also heard that one of the new owners is from Iowa!

3. Re: Must dos in Marco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 05:29