We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House/condo recommendations dolphin views?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester,UK
3 posts
Save Topic
House/condo recommendations dolphin views?

Hi..we are planning visiting MI next year (June)and am looking for accom. for 8 (4 adults 4 kids) with pool. We are particularly interested in premises that have the best views for dolphin spotting. I've looked at vrbo and cyberrentals but don't really know where to start as there is so much choice! Any help narrowing it down would be much appreciated! Many thks

1. Re: House/condo recommendations dolphin views?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 15:06
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House/condo recommendations dolphin views?

I wanted to share what I know ....

Background ... I have been going to Marco for 20+ years and have stayed on canals (off Caxambus Pass) and on the beach.

Where do I see more dolphins? I see more on Marco Island Beach than on a canal off Caxambus Pass. At the canal house I stayed at I would see 1 dolphin a week. I see a dolphin a day (or more) staying directly on the Marco Island beach in a condo.

If you want to know the canal ... I'll share off line.

Manchester,UK
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: House/condo recommendations dolphin views?

To Kevdeb, thanks very much for your info it was really useful. Both properties looked great and the right size. In answer to your questions, the kids are aged 7,9,14 and 15, we don't mind walking to the beach, we are looking for a 4 bedroom property for 1 week stay, 2nd week in June 2010. Bit of a long time to wait so I want to make sure we book the right place! Thanks again

Manchester,UK
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: House/condo recommendations dolphin views?

Hi MarcoRed, many thanks for your reply and yes please let me know the details of the canal house and any large condos etc. on the beach. Not sure how to send a message offline...

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House/condo recommendations dolphin views?

We've had a lot of luck seeing many dolphins off South Beach (or by sitting on the beachfront deck at Sunset Grille at the Apollo Condo) and at The Snook Inn (where the Marco River feeds into the Gulf). Lots of dolphin activity there. We've also seen many dolphins when we've taken one of the sunset cruises.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House/condo recommendations dolphin views?

I will be private messaging you about our 4 bedroom home with a bay-like view. We usually see dolphins each week that we stay there. To be honest however, the dolphins, when they come through, are not interested in entertaining us. They are usually chasing their prey. They tend to swim along the walls hoping to trap them. However, they usually don't stay long.

I recommend that you plan on taking a eco-tour, manatee viewing trip. One such tour is

http://www.see-manatees.com/

But there are others.

7. Re: House/condo recommendations dolphin views?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 07:16