We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Island Advice

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Island Advice

I am planning a trip around florida west coast and I am looking at Marco Island. Can anyone tell me what to expect. I am travelling with my husband and are looking to stay in the boat house, are there restaurants / bars or shops witin walking distance or is it remote there? any info would be appreciated thanks

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Island Advice

The Boat House is on the extreme northern end of the island. There are tons of restaurants around there. The island itself is very small. To travel to the extreme southern end from there would only be about a 10 minute drive down Collier Blvd. Marco is a very laid back, family friendly island. If you want a quiet vacation to relax in a beautiful place, Marco's it. There isn't much night life. There are lots of places to have a quiet drink and/or dinner, then stroll that gorgeous white sand beach. However, there aren't a lot of nightclub/late night party places. You won't find a big rowdy party crowd there. You will find some of the nicest people you'll ever meet from all over the world. Depends on what you're looking for.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Island Advice

We've never stayed at The Boat House but we ride by every year on our rented pontoon boat and gaze with envy at the fabulous location. The view is fantastic where the Marco River meets the Gulf. There's a small sandy beach just across from The Boat House on a mangrove. Sometimes you'll see some small boats pulled onto the sand and people will relax and picnic on this "deserted island". You can walk to The Snook Inn and other places.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Island Advice

I went by this motel over the New Year.

I have never stayed there or been in a room.

Building: early 70's design

Size: small

Customer Satisfaction: It has good write ups on tripadvisor.

I recommend that you see pictures of the place before you put money down. If you know what you are paying for I could see people finding value.

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Island Advice

Thanks everyone for your comments. Marco Island sounds like just what we are looking for. We are not party people at all, we love the nature in Florida and just want somewhere scenic & friendly where we can wander out for a quiet meal and a drink. I will have a look at the boat house reviews and look into booking it. Thanks again

5. Re: Marco Island Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 08:18