We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airboat tours?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Topic
airboat tours?

Can anyone tell me how to get from marco to everglade city where they have the airboat tours?Also which one to go on that is the best.

thanks

1. Re: airboat tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 15:06
Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airboat tours?

Everglades City is directly south of Marco Island. Take San Marco Road towards Goodland and over the Goodland Bridge and then head south. You can't miss it. You'll come to a large visitor center building to stop at for brochures, etc. You'll also pass some airboat ride sites on the way down. Everglades City is very interesting. Very old. Great museum that even my kids enjoyed.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airboat tours?

Kevin - never seen this before either. Wonder if its new. Looks like a good option. And he's closed Sunday, probably because he's at Stan's!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airboat tours?

The Goodland airboat was open for business prior to Christmas 2008.

I learned (but have only experienced number 1 below) that generally speaking there are 2 airboat company's. 1)Airboating in the 10,000 islands and 2)airboating through wetlands.

I did the 10,000 islands airboat tour ... but I look forward to finding a wetlands airboat tour.

5. Re: airboat tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 23:19