We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is June/ July too hot for Marco Island??

Dallas
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is June/ July too hot for Marco Island??

Hi,

My husband and I take a beach vacation ever year. I came across Marco Island on the web and found it pretty interesting. We like to celebrate our anniversary in a vacation spot so is late June early July too hot to travel to Marco island??

We don't need much to keep us busy. A stroll on the beach, water play with our toddler and a few good places to eat is all we need. We are looking forward to a relaxed family vacation. We have decided to book a suite at the Marco beach Ocean resort. Is that a good family place?

Would love to hear from you guys with some suggestions and must see places.

Thanks a bunch.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is June/ July too hot for Marco Island??

Will be returning to the island for our 20th anniversary the end of June. Have gone for years with infants, toddlers, tweeners and now teenagers. If you are still in the stroller stage, would highly recommend renting a beach stroller. Regular street strollers do not work well on the beach. Jackiepaddy is well versed in renting strollers on the island. We love the Marriott because it is so family friendly. The island itself is very family friendly. Kids are welcomed with open arms everywhere. You've absolutely picked the right island. You'll love it!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is June/ July too hot for Marco Island??

June and July will be warm but not too warm because of the tradewinds. The beach is beautiful. Enjoy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
963 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is June/ July too hot for Marco Island??

I have visited Marco in high summer with grandchildren including an 11 month old baby one year. It will be fine as long as you take sensible precautions with your toddler in the middle of the day when sun can be really fierce. We stayed at the Marriott, which I think is more child friendly and less formal. A wonderful pool for small children, with a zero level entry. Where ever you stay, I'm sure you will have a good time on Marco.

4. Re: Is June/ July too hot for Marco Island??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island