We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Marriot for non-guests

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Marriot for non-guests

We are leaving on Saturday for a kidless trip to celebrate our 20th. First trip to Marco. I have found this forum tremendously informative. I have one question. We are staying in the South Seas towers. We are interested in renting kayaks at the Marriot. It seems that walking there would be too much. Is there parking available at the Marriot for people who are not guests?

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Marriot for non-guests

Absolutely, pull up to the door for valet parking or park across Collier and walk up.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
412 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Marriot for non-guests

Just in case, call the Marriott before you go(239- 394-2511) This weekend they weren't allowing non-hotel guests to park either valet or self before 4 p.m.

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Marriot for non-guests

If you are going to a Marriott restaurant, bring your parking ticket with you. You can get a validation stamp from the restaurant which will significantly reduce the cost. You can ask at the rental shack to see if they offer any parking validation.

Local taxi's are pretty reasonable on the island. The last time I used one, just before the gas price run up, they only charge $5 to take you anywhere on the island. It might end up being a toss-up between the cost of round-trip taxi and parking at the Marriott.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Marriot for non-guests

Thank you so much for the info. Does anyone know how much the parking at the Marriot is? What kind of parking is across the street?

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Marriot for non-guests

Walking from SST to the Marriott.

My guess it will take 20-25 minutes on the beach in sand. I would do the walk to rent kayaks. I wouldn't do the walk if I were going for dinner.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Marriot for non-guests

Thanks for the info!

7. Re: Parking at Marriot for non-guests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 06:19