We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seawinds Condo location

CT
Level Contributor
209 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Seawinds Condo location

We are staying in Sea Winds condo late August. I was just wondering if the condo is within walking distance to shops, restaurants, coffee...

if not, we're gonna have to rent a scooter and I wastrying to avoid that to save money

TIA

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seawinds Condo location

The closest place to eat will be the Sunset Grille in the Apollo condos. The Apollo condos are right next door to the Sea Winds condos. The Marco Walk shops and restaurants are just over a mile away. Marco Walk has some specialty shops, apparel stores, restaurants, movie theatre. The Hilton has a restaurant as does the Marriott Crystal Shores. Both of these would be over a mile away--just under 1 1/2 miles I would guess.

As for coffee, there is a Starbucks on the island but it is located in the Esplanade Shops and this would be too far to walk. I don't think the Sunset Grille opens until 11:00. I also do not think that the restaurants in the Marco Walk area open until 11:00 or later either. The Hilton has a cafe in it that serves coffee. I am not sure if the Stilts in the Crystal Shores has coffee or not.

Mentioned in this post
Sunset Grille
Sunset Grille
949 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
Starbucks
Starbucks
93 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
CT
Level Contributor
209 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seawinds Condo location

Are there any condos to rent that are closer to Marco Walk?

Thankyou!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seawinds Condo location

I assume that you are not staying a month.

So, of the weekly rental condos on the island, the Somerset condos would be closer to Marco Walk (about 1/4 mile away). There are also some timeshare condos that are close--thecharterclub.hgvc.com and www.surfclub.hgvc.com and the Marriott Crystal Shores.

Mentioned in this post
Somerset
Somerset
England, UK
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seawinds Condo location

The Sea Winds and Apollo are on South Beach. If you walk the street you can get to Marco walk in about 10 minutes. Not too far.

I walk from South Beach to the Marriott or 7-11 (close to the Marco Wakl) for coffee many mornings walking in the sand. It is great fun and NEVER a long distance since I'm walking on the beach and able to view the Gulf.

Chicago
Level Contributor
835 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seawinds Condo location

I'll post a full review, but just got back from a week at the Sea Winds and we walked to the following places.

Stilts

Quinn's

Captain Brian's

None I considered a very far walk and there are several other places near these.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seawinds Condo location

Buco, next time you are at South Beach try the Apollo condominium Sunset Grille - it is beachside. It is an easy walk.

It is a fun casual place directly on the beach. Not fine dining but still an experience for the beach crowd. I doubt if many locals go there for the food but they definately go there for a good drink.

Food is "good food" quality. I never miss it for lunch due to the convenience and view.

Mentioned in this post
Sunset Grille
Sunset Grille
949 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
7. Re: Seawinds Condo location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 05:24